Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How early was your earliest sign of pregnancy?

(27 Posts)
FeelingABitSick Sun 10-Jul-11 08:25:44

Sooo, I may be overreacting here, but I'm a little crazy and worried I may be pregnant! I've namechanged here as my sister is a mumsnetter as well and don't want her to know!
Basically I've been on the pill for many years (with a breif break to have DD!) We went on holiday a few weeks ago and I managed to loose my last packet. I haven't got round to seeing the nurse (as my review is due), so DH and I have just been using condoms since then. Except for once. I think we are so used to me being on the pill we forgot the protection blush
My periods are quite far apart when not on the pill (35 day cycle) and I'm not even due for another week! And with my pregnacy with DD I didn't get a BFP until I was a week late! So doing a pregnancy test at this stage isn't really possible!
Apologies, this is long and full of paranoia! Basically for the past week or so I've been EXHAUSTED and very emotional (just like last time) I also woke up in the night feeling really sick, and it's not gone away! My back has been killing me the past few days, although it's worse when I bend so maybe I've just pulled a muscle? The thing is, I know it's not pre menstrual because even when I'm not on the pill (like when we were ttc DD) I'm one of the lucky few that never get any symptoms when on my period, no mood swings, no bloating, nothing.
I'm trying to convince myself I've got a bug, as I'm in completely two minds about this! Financially it would be better to not be pregnant, and DD would be 2.4 when phantom baby would be born (which everyone seems to say is an awful age gap!) but on the other hand holding my new baby in my arms was the most wonderful experience in my life, and I'd love to experience that again!
So, what I'm getting to (at long last) is asking for all you pregnant and previously pregnant ladies, when did you realise something was amiss and that you may be pregnant? Was it simply that your period was late? Or any signs before then? Last time with DD I knew something was up, but we'd have very regular unprotected sex as she was planned, this was just a once off!
Apologies for massive message!

Davinaaddict Sun 10-Jul-11 09:06:45

Both my pregnancies have been planned, so for me the only real ACTUAL symptom, as opposed to imagined ones smile was not getting AF. Similar to you I'm quite lucky to not get many AF symptoms, but as I was looking out for being pregnant this time, I've been symptom making up spotting for the last 4 months grin. Having said that, once I knew I was pregnant for sure, it then highlighted the symptoms I have had, that I hadn't made up! (extra tired, lightheaded, mild nausea etc) Sorry not much help but didn't want you to go unanswered! I would try not to worry too much, as unless you caught on 1st time with DC1, I think you would need to be really lucky to have been caught out this time, what with the limited window of ovulation etc. Fx you get the result you want in a couple of weeks!

FeelingABitSick Sun 10-Jul-11 09:13:17

Thank you for the reply Davinaaddict I actually did get pregnant first go with DD blush hence incredible super fertile paranoia! But I know realisticaly I'm probably not! There must be a part of me thats broody that I didn't know about!

JimmyChoo17 Sun 10-Jul-11 09:33:48

Nipples. Sore nipples....had this before my BFP when was over 2 weeks late for af.

questforanswers Sun 10-Jul-11 09:41:31

Gosh had I not had early scans and blood tests I wouldn't believe that I'm pregnant now!!! I'm incredibly tired and hungry but apart from that I'm still waiting for the onslaught of pregnancy symptoms. I found out completely by accident (thought I had a UTI!!) and thought nothing of the fact I was 'late' for my period as I have been totally all over the place menstrually for the past year. I even did another test at work 3 days ago as I'm still finding it hard to believe its actually happened yet I don't feel any different!
You can buy the clearblue test that tells you up to 6 days before your period is due, my friend had what you seem to be experiencing so did the test 4 days before she was due- she's now coming up 20 weeks!!!
I can understand your mixed feelings.........despite ttc for a year before falling pregnant, when the positive came back I burst into tears and asked OH how we would cope!!! I soon got over it tho grin

JimmyChoo17 Sun 10-Jul-11 11:43:58

Funnily enough I had an internal scan (not for detecting pregnancy i should add) when I would have been just over 4 weeks and they didn't pick up I was pregnant then! They just said I had ovulated and from which ovary! They had no idea.

That little egg is now 39 weeks old and I'm waiting to meet him/her!

Other than nipples tingling no signs this time round but cliche as it is, to be honest I think I just knew!

It's natural to worry but wrt finances...are any of us ever in a good £££ situation? (posh spice aside) and I think it sounds like a nice age gap. Good luck and let us know how u get on! Telcos own tests picked up our baby quickly btw.

G1nger Sun 10-Jul-11 12:53:22

My boobs - and especially my nipples - grew. I have a 28 day cycle, so there wasn't much additional time to play with like there is for you, but to give you an idea of timing this happened in the 10 days or so before my period was due. For the last few days, I really noticed it and concluded I was pregnant.

(Why is 2.4years a terrible age gap, by the way? My nieces are two years apart and they make a lovely pair). Good luck with getting the result you want.

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Sun 10-Jul-11 13:06:19

With DD the first sign was that the dog wasn't humping his blanket!!! We'd been trying a few months and every month when I was due on the humping would start. HOUR after HOUR of it! Then the next month I knew I was due on and he didn't start (and neither did I). Or the next day. The next day I started feeling a little nauseous and he still wasn't humping - so I POAS and got the BFP smile

This time I knew within days. Ages before I was due on my boobs felt like they were going to explode. POAS, BFN. Knew realistically that I was testing too early, but I was sure - DH thought I'd just pulled a muscle hmm.

I was right. Dog didn't give us any clues this time though grin

superjobeespecs Sun 10-Jul-11 13:09:19

i spent a long time spotting imaginary symptoms when ttc but knew immediately when i had a twinge in my tummy the day before af was due i knew it was a baby pain just knew it i tested the next day and tada im 24 weeks pg grin

other than that it was the tiredness and sicking up and both pgs my boobs have gotten really fat big fat boobs grin

just want to say that there is 1yr and 9 months between my DD and Dnephew and my sis adn i used to live together (long story) the kids are absolute best friends Dn is a pain in the backside but loves his big cousin more than anyone in the world .. age gap is nothing to worry about smile

crackerqueen Sun 10-Jul-11 13:23:33

Like JimmyChoo17 I just knew too. I was in a foul mood, could not even crack a smile with DD and I was completely exhausted. I knew for sure physically 2/3dpo when I had the strongest period pains & cramps for about half an hour and I was doubled over. I guess that might have been implantation? Good luck OP!

melliebobs Sun 10-Jul-11 15:02:54

i had no signs of pregnancy (dh says he knew, god knows how). I didn't have any implantation bleeding, no nausea, no sore boobs, no tiredness, no dizzyness, no metallic taste. If i didn't have my positive piss stick i still would have been non the wiser. It's took until 7 weeks (i'm 8+2 now) and i've got the nausea/tiredness/swollen boobs

FeelingABitSick Sun 10-Jul-11 19:16:31

Thanks for the replies!
Well the bad back is absolutely muscular, been awful all day! I think I'm going to have to accept I may just be having a bug, but I'll know for sure in two (long) weeks!
G1nger, I'm not sure why it's supposed to be bad smile I think those who I've spoken to previously have all said it's because the two year old will be very jealous, but to be honest DD is experiencing this when I give attention to other children and she's 18 months!

jodie6766 Sun 10-Jul-11 20:33:44

My periods are/were really spead out and I felt odd about 5 days after conception just felt under the weather, emotional, spotty but nothing concrete other than my hair falling out more than normal. Took a test an bingo 30 weeks now!

Good luck and hey what will be will be, babies very rarely come at a convienent time! smile

xxxxxxxxx

celebrityskin Sat 16-Jul-11 13:16:09

I was driving to work 7DPO and I started to feel nauseous. As I have access to an abundance of PTs at work, I thought I'd do one...just in case! And 15mins later when I check it, there's a faint BFP!!! And again later BFP on a more dilute sample. I get very excited, but then when I get home and check again....is negative on internet cheapie :-( It stays negative and I go on a hen do and drink loads, eat fois gras, uncooked egg, go in hot spa ie all the things you're not supposed to do in pregnancy. The next day, at 13DPO I get another faint one at work, and another. I crack and get a digital on the way home... BFP :-)

I am sure the BFP and nausea at 7DPO was genuine ??maybe implantation surge of HCG. On reflection,the big give away symptom was needing to wear a bra in bed because my boobs were so sore.

xxx

feekerry Sat 16-Jul-11 13:23:24

i'm aboubt 4 weeks now, since last week i've been feeling really really hot, sweaty hot! and thats not like me at all. took a test last week 4 days before period due and it was neg, even tho it was one of those up to 6 days before your due types. took another test few days later and positive! so i first kinda knew from 3 weeks really due to being so bloody hot!!!

GetOffOfMyCloud Sat 16-Jul-11 13:32:12

I guessed about 3 days before my period was due as I'd been feeling under the weather (tired, emotional and snappy which I do when I'm ill anyway) but I just thought I had a bug or something. Then I realised I'd completely gone off a normal favorite food and as we were due to go out that evening I decided to POAS so that I could have a few drinks and not worry about it, one BFP later meant I offered to drive and save the taxi fare!! Hope it works out for you whatever happens

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 16-Jul-11 14:11:44

Sore boobs & throwing up in a harvester restaurant exorcist style 2 days before my period was due blush x

babybrain3 Sat 16-Jul-11 16:45:41

Trina I love the story about the dog.... Ive been symptom spotting since ov. I'm pretty much sure it's not imaginary this time though..... Sore boobs, nausea (nearly threw up in the playground when i took the DC to school the other day) tiredness....etc, etc, etc....Have done two tests though, both BFN, not due til Wed so is a little early.....I'm hoping im right....

nannyl Sat 16-Jul-11 18:40:14

i got a BFP at 3+3... that was my 1st 'sign'

Flisspaps Sat 16-Jul-11 18:42:11

Still feeling hungover on the Monday after drinking on the Saturday. Was due on the Monday, tested, BFP.

StoneBaby Sat 16-Jul-11 19:02:02

Sore boobs and feeling nauseous (like when you've a hungover but you haven't drink!)

pregnantmimi Sat 16-Jul-11 21:14:12

the day after I knew I was pregnant cause felt different my husband did too lol even knew I was when first test was negative but yeah painful nipples and funny dragging lower back pains and very very early sign funny feeling in stomach like something was happening xx

FeelingaBitSick Mon 18-Jul-11 10:35:10

Hi all, OP here.

Thought I'd give an update as you were all so kind in you replies.

I'm PREGNANT!!

The timing could not be worse, so why am I smiling!?
In all seriousness I am a little worried about telling DH when he gets in from work, he's going through a 'DD will be an only child' phase....

GetOffOfMyCloud Mon 18-Jul-11 13:06:27

Congratulations Feeling!! It might take him a little while to get his head round the idea but I'm sure he'll be as exited as you.

FeelingaBitSick Mon 18-Jul-11 18:10:15

Thank you GetOff DH took it very well actually! He did ask if the two lines on the strip meant twins hmm Poor guy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now