Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

light summer maternity dresses?

(13 Posts)
titferbrains Sat 09-Jul-11 12:44:32

Has anyone found any light summer dresses in cheerful colours? jsut want a couple of dresses to take on holiday (where it will actually be hot).

Have not liked Jojomaman, Gap or H&M. Dorothy p's quality a bit shite.

CBear6 Sat 09-Jul-11 13:22:06

I've bought a few cheapish Maxi dresses from the likes of Peacocks, Next, and George, they're not even maternity dresses but because of the way a maxi-dress hugs the bust and then hangs there's loads of room in the skirt for my bump. They're lovely and cool because they're cotton and there are some lovely colours available.

BikeRunSki Sat 09-Jul-11 13:33:38

I was going to suggest Jojo and Gap, where I have some mat dresses from, so clearly we have very different tastes. New Look?

Serenenfys Sat 09-Jul-11 14:44:16

I have really struggeled with maternity clothes and like to wear dresses. I have bought non-maternity maxi dresses. Am currently 36 weeks and there is still plenty of room for the bump. Other suggestions are Seraphine (they have an online store but also a shop within minutes of High Street Kensington station in London). I have bought from there and the quality is good. ASOS also do a selection of maternity clothes. I can't comment on their quality having never bougth there but htey do have a good choice. Good luck.

RingEir Sat 09-Jul-11 15:06:05

Topshop have some nice dresses:

topshop maternity dresses

RingEir Sat 09-Jul-11 15:07:58

I have one of the floral ones. Not really my usual taste, but light, comfortable and summery. And not that dear.

Beesok Sat 09-Jul-11 15:10:42

I bought a few dresses in the French Connection sale - 1 maternity (on Asos) and 2 non-maternity just a bigger size in the shop - one is really flattering and I got lots of compliments on it, it's strapless with silk bottom part and can be dressed up and down, quality is very good smile and with sale prices at 50% god value for money too

Curlyems Sat 09-Jul-11 15:20:19

Seraphine has a great sale on just now, as does Isabella Oliver. ASOS have some great things too.

silverangel Sat 09-Jul-11 15:34:52

I've struggled to find anyuting in my usual style - got a couple in Mothercare that were ok for work, patterned tea dresses and a couple of maxi dresses from ASOS and Very.

SchrodingersMew Sat 09-Jul-11 15:37:05

Try TK Maxx.
I'm not normally a fan but went in yesterday and they had lots of lovely pg friendly stuff for really cheap!

hubbahubster Sat 09-Jul-11 16:14:54

Primark and Peacocks for non maternity maxi dresses. Have lived in mine during the hot weather, cheap as anything and perfect for packing since they're jersey smile can't go wrong!

redexpat Sun 10-Jul-11 16:08:34

www.asos.co.uk have got some lovely maternity things, including a RANGE of dresses. Otherwise I'm jumping on the maxi dress bandwagon.

Sewmuchtodo Sun 10-Jul-11 17:27:54

I stumbled accross New look maternity range at a local mother and baby show......I left with the following:

nice and bright
great with flip flops
good dressed up or down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now