Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Birth ball/Gym ball

(8 Posts)
allthefires Fri 08-Jul-11 20:48:53

I have got a gym ball from Asda a while and although its advertised as a 65cm it actually only 55cm when inflated fully. Its not faulty and after looking at reviews on amazon of similar balls this isnt uncommon!

http://direct.asda.com/Gym-Ball/000934084,default,pd.html#descriptionSection

Remember this was the same as cheap ball from Argos.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a true to size 65cm one?

Thank you!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 08-Jul-11 20:51:48

Birth ease are fabulous ones. About £20 but really good quality and true to size.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 08-Jul-11 20:52:34

www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Birth-Birthing-Ball.shtml

HappyHollydays Fri 08-Jul-11 20:56:23

Tk maxx had some yoga balls 55cm, 65cm & 75cm for £4-7 last weekend.

65cm feels a but small for me though (I'm 5'2") so 75cm probably better in that range.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 08-Jul-11 20:59:53

65cm should be suitable for up to 5ft 6.

I originally had a TK Maxx one that was 65cm and I felt like I was squatting on the floor and it only pumped up to about 50cm, same problem as OP.

I just love love love my birth ease ball grin

allthefires Fri 08-Jul-11 21:04:46

Thats interesting alovelybunch as birthease is one of the ones I was looking at. Reassuring they are true to size.

Im 5'2 as well and 65cm is the one recommended. I wonder iif the Txmaxx balls are small also.

OrangeGloss Sat 09-Jul-11 06:06:18

I've got the birthease one, not measured it but it seems perfectly fine and I'm 5"6. I ordered it Monday AM and it arrived Tuesday shock smile

HappyHollydays Sat 09-Jul-11 07:42:08

I think I might look at Birthease too.

My TK Maxx ball is ok for leaning on but not great for sitting, I feel like my knees are too high. Shame though because it looks lovely.

<wanders off to check out Birthease>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now