Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

babies heartbeat - curiosity

(4 Posts)
naomi79 Fri 08-Jul-11 19:14:51

Hello
Heard babies heartbeat for first time today...such a heavenly sound, love it grin the midwife showed me the monitor so I could see the heart rate which was between 155 and 169, and it got me thinking, my DD who is 22 months, always had a high heart rate while inside me (we didn't find out what she was until she came out!) and so was wondering if this means I may be having another girl!? (we aren't going to find out this time either).
What were your babies heart rates while inside you and what did you end up having??
I'm just curious to see if there is any link as when I said to the midwife "oh I might know what that means" she just said it was a myth....so fill me in and we shall see!! ;)
x

Eviepoo Fri 08-Jul-11 19:19:32

my midwife said her guess for mine was a girl...becuse heartrate has been quite high all the way through (one of her reasons) - obviously as we get on so well she was just having a guess for fun smile...6 weeks to go and then we'll see

CBear6 Fri 08-Jul-11 19:19:34

DS was always above 150 supposedly indicating a girl and DD is always below 140 meaning she should be a boy if the myth was true smile

None of the old wives' tales were true for me, they all said I was having the opposite of what I was/am actually having, even the Chinese gender chart which is supposedly failsafe. They're all a bunch of hooey, a bit of a giggle but in no way accurate.

I did have loads of heartburn with DS though and he was born with a full head of hair and hairy shoulders grin

Firawla Fri 08-Jul-11 19:23:05

Its just a myth, apparently it depends how active they are being whether its faster or slower, it will be different for the same baby depending when you do it? for me ds1 tended to have a slower heartbeat, ds2 not sure cant remember and this one was faster so i wondered is it a girl but scan has said boy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now