Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Quinny Buzz anyone??

(26 Posts)
Newmom2b Fri 08-Jul-11 16:53:15

Thinking about getting this for my baby boy due in October. Any feedback/comments would be much appreciated... the world of buggys etc is huge!

P.s was looking at getting a Buggaboo but after going to bluewater yesterday and 2 shop assistants failing to be able to collapse and reassemble it we have decided against it - ha ha!

VioletV Fri 08-Jul-11 17:11:24

Hey New, did you check out John Lewis in BW? There is an older lady who is fantastic with the prams there. I can't remember her name but she's got dark hair and she'll help show you how every single pram works in the front floor.

Sorry I can't help re the Quinny as I have a different pram.

Treats Fri 08-Jul-11 17:40:56

The chassis on the Quinny Buzz is enormous. My main experience with it is trying to squeeze past one in our nursery's buggy shed - it's considerably bigger than any other buggy.

Shyera Fri 08-Jul-11 18:11:53

I had the buzz and had to have it replaced three times and there where many problems with the chasis. I would not recommend there are many more less expensive but better buggy's on the market

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 08-Jul-11 18:15:02

Our Quinny Buzz hardly fit through our front door (it's a normal width) and I've had a double buggy that was the same width. It's a huge unwieldy thing and I hated ours. It's a bugger to get up and down stairs (despite the massive back wheels) and weighs a ton. It also only just fit in the boot of our car, and we've got a Golf, so not particularly small.

Have you tried Mamas and Papas? You might like the Sola and the Urbo.

PhyllisDiller Fri 08-Jul-11 18:15:07

The Quinny Buzz is wide…I loved mine though (I was quite often rolling over peoples feet with it because it is so wide). The seat bit is memory foam so very comfy for the baby. Being able to put the Maxi Cosie on was much more useful than I thought it would be.

I have to say though, I don’t think I got my money’s worth, folding it up and down and putting the seat on was a pain. I moved over to a Maclaren after about 10 months and life became easier!

My friend has an iCandy of some sort and seems to spend a lot less time than I did faffing about getting going from the car. It looks like it does similar to the Quinny too but with a much bigger shopping basket and a bit easier to push.

If you’d eventually like a ‘DC2’, a buggy that you can push with one hand is good if DC1 is walking by the time DC2 arrives. I found the Buzz a little bit hard going with one hand and a toddler so I sold it on.

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 08-Jul-11 18:16:07

Oh, and second the suggestion to go to John Lewis, you'll be able to try everything out properly without feeling pressured (they're good for baby basics as well, and often cheaper than mothercare)

Reallea Fri 08-Jul-11 18:51:56

Definitely recommend John Lewis as they are fab for helping with prams.

I had a quinny buzz. I bought it second hand on eBay-it was in fabulous condition. I changed the front wheels for the off road wheels which I was glad about, I was even able to go running with the pram. I also used it all the time in the early months with the maxi cosi as he was too small for the buggy bit anyway. As a pram it was amazing and I went to eight months using the carry cot part till DS got too large for it. Towards the end I occasionally used the buggy part but as much as I loved it as a pram I wasnt that much of a fan of it as a buggy, too heavy, too much hassle to put in the car etc.

So I went out and bought a city mini jogger (which I have never tried jogging with by the way!) which I am absolutely delighted with. Now I have heard they do a carry cot part too, I have spotted it on the John Lewis website. So if I had my time again that is the one I would buy now. See the review section. I loved it because it is so light (complete opposite to quinny) and so easy to collapse (ditto) and you can push with one hand sooooo easily.

Good luck in your choice!

bessie26 Sat 09-Jul-11 21:10:24

I love our quinny, but it is very wide & expensive. I used it loads with DD1 (she was up all night with colic so we used to do 2x1.5hr walks every day so she would sleep & I could get fresh air to regain sanity) so felt like I got my money's worth!

In 2.5 years I got 2 punctures, not bad, but they were both when i was at the furthest point from home & pushing it with a flat is a big pita. I would recommend taking the wheels to a cycle repair shop & getting them to replace the inner tubes with the ones filled with goo (my local shop charged £5 for the inner tube & £5 for labour)

When DD1 was about 7 months we bought a cheapy umbrella stroller to take on a flight, and we used that a fair bit too - much much easier to take into shops & restaurants!

Good luck making a decision!

JimmyChoo17 Sun 10-Jul-11 00:31:25

Just bought the newest one which has shaved off some of the width. Not birthed a baby for it yet (due this week) but found that it fit our tiny car (which I ended up replacing with family car anyway but was fine for smaller car) and fine for getting in and out of house and storing it out the way easily. With the newer one the seat has been much improved and don't ave to faff with the old style funny cover change. I have the Maxi cosi car seat for use in early days and borrowed the carry cot. Found it fairly easy to collapse too and I'm only little so found other prams a bit too cumbersome. The I candy ticked these boxes too but never fit car at the time plus were more £££ than quinny was t the time. Got a free winter kit, muff and carrier too!

We got a bargain as the newer style was being sold heavily marked down in babies r us at the time. Maybe still in sale?

94100 Mon 11-Jul-11 11:34:52

nice comfortable pram/pushchair for baby and great as you can have baby facing you, but frequent punctures was a real pain.

Vix286 Mon 11-Jul-11 17:45:24

We've brought this one, like JimmyChoo no baby yet, (due next week) it is wider than other models but it fits in our Focus.

Every second pram/buggy I see at the moment is one of these around here so it seems quite popular. We have brought the attachment to make it a 4 wheeler as feedback on forums was sometimes that as a 3 wheeler it felt a bit unstable.

I like the tip about getting inner tubes replaced from bessie26 as I have been worrried about punctures so I might do that.

figgygal Mon 11-Jul-11 18:25:38

Im getting one too as based on my research it's one of few that will fit in my Nissan figaro (small Japanese import with convertible roof) and has a car seat which fits. They do seem big but really love my car so will cram it in the top boot.

Sewmuchtodo Mon 11-Jul-11 21:05:40

Ours arrived a few weeks ago and I love it! Fits into my boot easily (renault megan) and I find it easy to put up and down.

We have bought the buzz 4 as I didnt like the 3 wheeled version (it just seemed less stable). We have also got the maxi cosi to use with it.....all we need now is the baby!

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 11-Jul-11 21:16:00

I love mine. It's really robust especially with an ever growing toddler. I wanted something that would last from tiny baby to walking.
Only downside is that there is hardly anywhere to put shopping / hang change bag. The shopping basket is tiny!

JimmyChoo17 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:36:11

I bought some buggy clips and bag holder which are fab! About £3 on amazon. Was talking to some at DRs today and she swears by hers!

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 11-Jul-11 21:39:06

I bought some too but kept blinking losing them. It's fine now DD only needs a tiny change bag though. smile

DuelingFanjo Mon 11-Jul-11 23:24:15

I have one. It's wide and I can only fit it in my nissan micra if the parcel shelf is taken out. The basket doesn't carry much.

I love the change bag and once you get used to the wideness it's really nifty.

one thing, the catch on mine, for keeping the frame down, is a bit dodgy.

BikeRunSki Mon 11-Jul-11 23:34:38

I had one for DS.
I hated it, difficult to fold, too big for shop, not sturdy enough for rough ground, massive for my car boot. Very flimsy feeling and a bugger to steer.
Buggy seat/chassis joining-bit not very secure either, buggy seat used to spin round and leave DS dangling above the ground.
Was very pleased when it gave up the ghost after 6 months.
I admit to buying a second hand one, but we knew the original owners, and they'd only had it less than a year from new.

allthefires Tue 12-Jul-11 07:38:32

I'm not a fan if the buzz either. Think it's wide and the seat is awful.

I have the baby jogger city mini, carrycot and car seat. Love it and can't wait for dc2 to arrive. However only gripe is it doesn't parent face.

If I was planning on having more than one I would get the baby jogger city select as it does everything and turns into a double if need be!!!

Newmom2b Tue 12-Jul-11 15:42:27

Wow - thanks for all your comments - thats really useful! After looking at a number of reveiws online and everybodys comments on here we have decided not to get the Quinny buzz now :-( We only have a small house and perhaps it was too bulky for us. We have now decided to go with the Icandy Peach which was way above what we planned to spend but we figure its the most expensive item we'll buy for the baby and probably the most important. Anybody else have this buggy system?

MirandaGoshawk Tue 12-Jul-11 15:46:16

I thought this was something about shaving one's fanjo... hmm

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 12-Jul-11 21:10:13

Good choice, esp if you have a small house. Look at the m&p ones

Sawasdee Wed 13-Jul-11 10:55:33

I bought a Quinny Buzz for DD as a complete 'travel system' from Teeny Tots and love it. She's moved on to the stroller seat now but we extensively used the carry cot for both daytime naps and walks. I found the adapters for the Maxi Cosi easy to use but agree that the Quinny base is quite large overall. DD is now six months old and we bought an umbrella stroller to take on holiday with us as it takes up much less space in the car!

saoirse86 Wed 13-Jul-11 12:03:06

I hated my buzz and got rid of it after a couple of months.

Personally I'd be going for a bugaboo bee plus, no contest at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now