Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are these signs of pre-eclampsia?

(6 Posts)
lovemysleep Fri 08-Jul-11 09:26:37

I'm currently 27 week pg, and this week I've been feeling really nauseous on and off - was even sick on Monday (felt much better after). I felt dreadful last night - hideous nausea, but not sick, yet was out for lunch during the day!
I've had headaches on and off, and also noticing that when I drive, I can't see other cars registration numbers quite as clearly. I also feel wobbly and floaty....
I do have a Dr's appointment today, as I rang the midwife and they suggested that I get checked out, so i know I'm doing the right thing.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has felt like this - and been fine, or it has been pre-eclampsia.

lovemysleep Fri 08-Jul-11 09:27:40

By the way, no nausea prior to this week, apart from 1st trimester - these symptoms have come out of nowhere.....

MumToSophie Fri 08-Jul-11 10:07:38

Hi, this is probably no help to you but I had pre-eclampsia with my first and didn't have this. I actually felt ok I just had really swollen feet, it wasn't until my midwide checked my blood pressure and urine sample that I had to go in to hospital.
I think headaches can be a sign of it though and this sounds like a bad migraine too (I get blurry image when I get a migraine) so you're right to get checked out, hope everythings ok!

lovemysleep Fri 08-Jul-11 10:13:25

Thank you! Have just been looking at various threads, and have scared myself to death! I just don't feel right - am hoping that I am just being a bit neurotic smile...

Cattleprod Fri 08-Jul-11 10:13:36

I think the wobbly floaty thing is more to do with low blood pressure. Mine was 85/50 last time it was measured and I often feel like this, especially if I haven't eaten for a while.
Nausea may well be trapped gasses - that makes me feel sick.
Not sure about the headaches - best to get yourself checked.

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Fri 08-Jul-11 10:16:26

It could be, trust your instincts and get your bp checked asap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now