Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Were you booked for elective section but labour started early?

(6 Posts)
ManyMomentsOfMadness Thu 07-Jul-11 21:40:37

I am booked for a section in 3 weeks (39wks) but keep thinking (esp. tonight!!) that I will go into labour before then confused.
Has this happened to you? What did you do, did you still have a section?

emsyj Thu 07-Jul-11 21:49:07

This happened to a friend of mine. She still had a section, went straight to hospital and they took her in.

<disclaimer - this is just an anecdote - may be best to ask your midwife/hospital>

ManyMomentsOfMadness Thu 07-Jul-11 22:02:14

Thanks emsyj. I'm just wondering how common it is I suppose, as feel like I have pregnancy paranoia!

Gumps Thu 07-Jul-11 22:16:33

I was booked in for a section at 39 weeks but ds2 came at 37 weeks. I was thrilled as was only having c section under duress as I have big babies. 37 weeks meant I could labour naturally and have a smaller baby. Hooray!
Now 31 weeks pregnant with dc3 and in huge dilemma as to what to do.
Why are y having the c section? Think that will make a huge difference as to what they do, e.g placenta pravia they will go ahead with the section.

lexxity Thu 07-Jul-11 22:20:03

Happened to me. Tried for a VBAC but ended up with EMCS. I had previously said if that happened I would try for the VBAC so that was my choice.

ManyMomentsOfMadness Thu 07-Jul-11 22:21:31

Hi Gumps I opted for section due to 4th degree tear with DS1, so am thinking if I went early then I may opt to go naturally as not overly keen on section but equally, concerned in case it happened again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now