Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Car seat base help

(9 Posts)
morrison1976 Thu 07-Jul-11 19:43:28

Hi all

I am going to buy a Graco Mirage Pushchair Travel System from argos. Its pretty cheap, plus has many good reviews. I was wondering, is it worth buying a car seat base. Some people i have spoken too said they never used one. Also, i don't drive, so we will rarely be using a car. What do you guys think?

thisisyesterday Thu 07-Jul-11 19:47:33

if you're only using a car very rarely then personally i wouldn't bother with a base, no

morrison1976 Thu 07-Jul-11 20:43:52

Cheers for the reply smile

SecretNorbertFix Thu 07-Jul-11 20:47:23

Don't bother. As long as the car seat fits in using the car seatbelt.

allthefires Thu 07-Jul-11 20:47:55

If not using one every day then not worth it.

mosschops30 Thu 07-Jul-11 20:48:39

Nope never had one with any of my 3 dcs. Just a way to spend more money imho

allthefires Thu 07-Jul-11 20:51:14

I don't agree with waste of money in all casesI know that it will be useful when trying to get all the children in safely and means room for error is less.

SecretNorbertFix Thu 07-Jul-11 20:53:59

only if the base for a car seat is isofix. The Graco one is NOT, and as such there is room for error in fitting- I have seen some interesting ways of fitting it.

harrygracejessica Thu 07-Jul-11 21:05:00

I wouldn't bother especially if only using every so often. We have twins and dint find it a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now