Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is this dropping feeling? Is baby trying to escape?

(2 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Thu 07-Jul-11 15:57:02

I’m 32 + 1 and last night had the strangest of feelings and wondered if anyone else has felt this?

Basically it felt like baby had ‘dropped’ down and was ready to come out! I had to stop walking and take a few sharp breathes until it eased a bit and then I could carry on.

My bump hasn’t lowered and I’ve not felt like that today but it truly felt like baby was trying to get out!

Is this normal?

jimmijam Thu 07-Jul-11 19:50:13

not sure about the trying to get out bit, but for a few weeks i've been feeling a lot of presure in lower tummy when walking and sat in car, today midwife felt baby and said his/her head has moved down. its just baby gettting ready 4 birth, over the next few weeks will move down further. my bump hasnt lowered either and lil un is still a fidgit bum. midwife said some of the pains/pressure is when baby moves his/her head around (must b a pretty rubbish view down there!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now