Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

morning sickness...gone now back? is that normal?

(5 Posts)
mamaesi Thu 07-Jul-11 15:47:15

with my first baby I had none at all...so this time its new territory for me. weeks 6-10 were pretty bad, but then it just stopped and I have been feeling great.

Then week 17 and now again at week 19...have felt very suddenly (running to the loo to vomit) ill again. No warning. sometimes in the middle of night which is kind of combined with heartburn. Its only been once a week not once a day, but is this normal?

Are the hormones still raging or is something else wrong with me? Anyone else experience this?

TeacupTempest Thu 07-Jul-11 16:06:19

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along to help you but from my limited experience sounds normal. Weeks 7-14 were yucky, not actually sick but constantly nauseous. Went for a few weeks and then for the last few days 17 +3 now, I have felt sick again.

Not too worried as everything else seems normal...

MissusTulip Thu 07-Jul-11 16:25:23

I had same thing - all day boakiness finally went at week 16... then returnedat week 20. It hasn't been as bad as earlier on, no constant all day nausea, and some weeks (I'm now 24 + 4) it's not really there but still getting nausea and puking on and off. No idea if it's those lovely hormones having a laugh (I have not bloomed at all in 2nd trimester!) but as with earlier, feeling tired or run down seems to make it worse so I'm trying to nap when I need to if poss.

My mum had MS throughout whole pregnancies with all 4 of us, but think it was much more full-on than me currently. I hope. confused Going to go and stick some garlic bread in my gob - eating regularly does help (when you can bloody stomach it wink ) but it's also a good excuse to eat wink.

Hope you feel better soon, not too nice the unexpected middle of night throwing up you're describing...

brettgirl2 Thu 07-Jul-11 18:54:43

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow felt much better last week and then awful again this week. With my 1st I was completely recovered by 14 weeks. I'm so 'sick' of it!

mamaesi Fri 08-Jul-11 12:40:33

its nice to hear I am not the only one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now