Talk

Advanced search

Baby Hiccups!

(6 Posts)
rooks14 Wed 06-Jul-11 19:20:47

I'm 36 weeks an baby is head down and head right near my hip. He KEEPS getting what i pressume are hiccups. It's twitches every few seconds, very regular!

I feel bad for saying this because i find kicks sweet, but it's soooo annoying. feels like it's bone on bone rubbing against my hip sad how often does anyone else get them? seems to be everday around 6 or 7 pm!

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 06-Jul-11 19:23:28

My DD uses to hiccup all of the time. It's one of my great memories of being pregnant. Wasn't impressed when it happened late at night though!

Scaredycat3000 Wed 06-Jul-11 19:29:23

My 1st hiccuped all the time before he was born, and then continued for some time after he was born. I don't remember him kicking me much, just hiccuping alot.

stuffthenonsense Wed 06-Jul-11 21:15:44

Oh that is cute. My last baby hiccupped a lot in utero too. I have had four babies (another on the way) and only one hiccupped a lot before birth, she was also the only one who had 'windy' type tummy pains and colicky symptoms. I do not know if this is linked at all but gripe water gives amazing LOUD results.
If you are finding them a little painful, have you tried lying down at that time to relieve a little pressure?

PrincessJenga Wed 06-Jul-11 21:43:59

Every time I have a cold drink. I like it. It shows me he's okay!

As stuffthenonsense says, friends have warned me that this means he'll hiccup a lot as a baby too though.

Lynzilove Thu 07-Jul-11 07:20:11

Mine gets hiccups all the time as well. It started as cute but it is now pretty annoying! As he started to engage it felt like he was smacking his head against my pelvis so I could feel all around my bum and floozy (tmi) which was weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now