Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could it be? Probably not!

(16 Posts)
Moodykat Wed 06-Jul-11 12:55:10

I am 36 weeks and had a show yesterday and the day before. Today am feeling very out of sorts with crampy pains in tummy and back ache that seems to come in waves, nothing too horrendous yet but very different to my first. It's nothing I can start timing or anything.
Anyone think I should put MIL on standby that I might need her later?!

buttonmoon78 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:58:14

I would speak to her simply to let her know how you're feeling. It may be nothing but it may not be and if you're 36wks it is just a smidge early so would be as well to be prepared.

Good luck!

buttonmoon78 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:59:06

Oh, and when you say that you'll need her later, do you mean for a home birth? I'm not sure they're allowed before 37wks. And possibly for a good reason!

Moodykat Wed 06-Jul-11 13:03:48

No, just in case she is needed to have DS!

Imnotaslimjim Wed 06-Jul-11 13:04:48

Have you got in touch with your MW? i know a few ladies that complained of backache all day, then only laboured for an hour - the backache was the start of their labour. Maybe it would be best to get in touch and request a checkover, just to be sure. And I'm assuming you need MIL for babysitting duties? I would let her know she could well be needed

buttonmoon78 Wed 06-Jul-11 13:08:50

blush misread MIL as MW! Oops! Other comments still stand though...

<sidles out...>

Moodykat Wed 06-Jul-11 13:10:33

I don't have a number for midwife, only one to phone delivery suite advice thing. With my first it was all quite easy as my waters broke and bang!
Sure that if I phone they will tell me to go in to be on the safe side and it's really not an easy night for such a thing as DH is doing a farm tour at 6!

Sewmuchtodo Wed 06-Jul-11 13:14:15

I did this at 36+4 and delivered at 36+6.....I only had contractions for 2hrs in total so I would phone MIL and Midwife to be on the safe side.

I happened to be in the hospital for a check as had began to swell up and they feared pre-eclampsia had set in, when the contractions began the examined me after 15min and I was 5-6cm. By the time I made my way from daycare to delivery I was 8cm and arrived with very little time to spare. My waters did not break (DD was delivered with them still in place).

buttonmoon78 Wed 06-Jul-11 13:18:09

Oh it's hard isn't it? My dh is currently in London (3hrs away) 4 nights a week so I'm very grateful I've had no false alarms or issues which need monitoring. See how you feel after the farm tour. If you've been swift in the past I'd be cautious TBH.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 06-Jul-11 13:19:23

It sounds like you could be in pre-labour. I had that on Friday and my baby was born on Monday. Good luck.

Moodykat Wed 06-Jul-11 13:25:34

Thank you all for your replies! I feel like I should know what's going on this time round! Think I'll take advantage of DS nap and go to bed for an hour!

buttonmoon78 Wed 06-Jul-11 13:26:21

Fnar! I'm on #4 and am still as green as a green thing!

mistressploppy Wed 06-Jul-11 13:27:10

Watch out - I had this at 36wks and DS appeared 2hrs later!

Sewmuchtodo Wed 06-Jul-11 13:44:41

If you don't feel any better after your nap give the hospital a quick ring......better to have DH miss farm tour as miss the birth!

And with regards to knowing what's going on.......hospital were set to let me go home when I said to my mum 'I have a terrible tummy ache'.....that was with DC2!!!

Moodykat Wed 06-Jul-11 22:30:46

It's all eased off now so obviously just a false alarm! Thanks for your replies!

mistressploppy Wed 06-Jul-11 22:33:11

Phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now