Talk

Advanced search

anyone know about braxton hicks?

(5 Posts)
fizzypigs Wed 06-Jul-11 11:57:42

hello! i'm 35weeks this friday. the past few weeks i have noticed some crampy feeling towards the bottom of my bump. they don't last long at all but they are a little painful. i wasn't sure whether these are braxton hicks as i'd heard they are not meant to hurt?? this does not fill me with confidence about my pain threshold with and my baby's pending birth! so in a round about way i am asking - do these sound like braxton hicks, is it normal for them to hurt a little or am i a total wuss!! thanks x

Madlizzy Wed 06-Jul-11 11:59:12

Braxtons can be a bit uncomfortable sometimes. Mine used to make me stop in my tracks occasionally.

Rootatoot Wed 06-Jul-11 16:23:00

Does everyone get BH? I'm coming up to 34 weeks and nothing yet.

SenoritaViva Wed 06-Jul-11 16:26:43

Rootatoot I didn't with my DD, she arrived 9 days early with my waters breaking, no show either and hardly moved during the whole pregnancy. She's now on the sofa (not moving) watching TV aged 4.

PrincessScrumpy Wed 06-Jul-11 17:53:46

I didn't get any with dd1 but this pg (twins) I've been getting them from about 24w.
fizzy don't worry about your pain threshold. I thought I was a wimp - don't even like paper cuts - but I had mild back pain and my waters broke so we went to hospital. mw told me I must be early stages and it would get a lot worse and tried to send me home. For some reason I refused and dh asked if someone could come and talk to me re pain relief options. The registrar came in and discovered I was actually 10cm! I thought it hurt but that it was me being a wimp - turns out my pain threshold is rather high!

Rest and drink lots - often BH are linked to being dehydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now