Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried I've done damage! Please advise

(9 Posts)
Renaissance227 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:16:31

Last night I was really tired and slept very heavily, but I woke up breifly at about 3am lying on my back with lots of deep creases in my belly. Before getting pregnant I used to sleep on my front all the time and have so far been able to stop myself doing that until last night!!
When I got up this morning I had (and still have) really bad aching in my belly and I've not felt any movement yet. Could I have done damage? VERY WORRIED. I'm not sure how long I was asleep on my front but the creases were pretty deep and lasted a while!

purpleplump Wed 06-Jul-11 09:17:23

How far gone are you?

Lollyheart Wed 06-Jul-11 09:19:49

I'm sure it will be fine, I'm 30 weeks and still sleep half on my belly iykwim, the baby is protected by the fluid, but if you're worried no harm in giving your midwife a call for reassurance smile

goodnightmoon Wed 06-Jul-11 09:22:31

what do you mean, creases? I slept on my front almost all the way through my last pregnancy with no probs. i really doubt that could do major harm.

Renaissance227 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:22:59

I'm 24+3 today. I'm sure I'm just being silly but can't help worrying, especially as I haven't felt any movement yet and usually feel a little bit in the mornings!

Renaissance227 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:24:14

Creases!! Like red creases where you have had your skin pressed up against something for a long time! I never used to get them and then turned 30!

Thanks for the reassurance everyone.

spookshowangel Wed 06-Jul-11 09:30:12

i slept mostly on my front for all my pregnancy sort of one leg up to support the bump a bit, i think you will prob be fine.

Cattleprod Wed 06-Jul-11 09:30:33

I'm sure you will be fine - baby is very well protected in there. It sounds like you would be reassured by feeling some movement though - ice cream for breakfast then a bit of belly prodding should get baby moving. If you're still worried in a couple of hours call your mw.

Renaissance227 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:35:30

Thanks Cattleprod. Any excuse to have icecream for breakfast!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now