Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else had a haematoma?

(6 Posts)
Tiredtrout Wed 06-Jul-11 08:55:14

I'm currently 9 weeks pg and since Saturday have had 4 heavy bleeds passing clots. On Sunday at the epu I was told I was having a threatened miscarriage but they couldn't check bean or why I was bleeding as they had no sonographer on duty. I was given an appointment the next day for a scan.

The next day they did a scan having sent me home to rest and they said the pg was viable but that part of the sac had come away from the wall and that's what caused the bleeding. To take things easy till the bleeding settled and that they weren't concerned and that I needed no follow up.

Yesterday morning I felt ok and there was no blood so I thought I would be ok to take the dog for a walk. Ten minutes in I had another heavy bleed. I went straight home calling the epu and they said they weren't to worried even though I passed another clot 2inches across, sorry if tmi, and that they had no space to see me till today at 11. They also said they were unconcerned about my blood loss unless I was 'flooding' through a pad in 20 minutes which I was when I called them. I had another heavy bleed last night.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that we are doing the right thing by following what they are telling me and that bean is going to be ok. One of my sisters had this with her son and he ended up being born at 28 weeks and I'm terrified it could happen to us too

babyonbord Wed 06-Jul-11 09:01:22

I had some bleeding at 7 weeks and they scanned and found one it disappeared on it's own by the time i had the ofically 12 week dating scan so i wouldn't worry

babyonbord Wed 06-Jul-11 09:02:37

(i'm 39 weeks and have had a lot of bleeding this pg and been hospitilised twice but so far no problems try not to worry)

Tiredtrout Wed 06-Jul-11 09:04:27

Thanks it's very scary though, hope yours is here soon

babyonbord Wed 06-Jul-11 12:27:12

I was terrified when it happened but they midwives and my consultant (who i was already seeing due to unreleated health problems) was wonderful told me that bleeding is a lot more common than you think and that 9 times out of 10 has no impact at all on the pregnancy. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry it helps me to think that if something goes wrong there's nothing i can do about it so there is no point in getting stressed out what happens happens, i know thats not really helpful but thats how i got through it. If you need any support send me a private message and keep me updated on what's happening sometimes it helps to talk about it and i'm sure in about 7 months you'll have a lovely healthy baby to cuddle xx

Tiredtrout Wed 06-Jul-11 17:47:47

Thanks bob. I've been at hospital most of the day, I was there for a scan to check on bean but had a bleed on the way into the scan room, the consultant looked quite shocked by it. I've had blood tests and been checked over again and were ok but I'm not allowed to do anything at all till it goes awayhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now