Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going back to work preganant & maternity leave

(6 Posts)
YellowSparkle Tue 05-Jul-11 19:35:52

Hi
Im due to return to work from maternity leave with DC2 next month. However ive found out that im pregnant again.
How many weeks pregnant can i be, to still be entitled to maternity pay for DC3?

naturalbaby Tue 05-Jul-11 19:48:49

i had this with dc1-dc2 and didn't qualify as i was on maternity leave with dc1 when i needed to be earning money to qualify for dc2. i can't remember the dates but i think i found the info i needed on the directgov website. work only realised i didn't qualify as i went on maternity leave again so i had to go through the jobcentre and still got my maternity leave.

licoriceGreen Tue 05-Jul-11 20:08:49

It says in my contract I have to be back for 3 months to qualify, have a look at your contract it should say x congratulations x

YellowSparkle Tue 05-Jul-11 20:30:16

Thanks naturalbaby and licoricegreen
From what i've found online it seems like it might be 8 weeks before the 25th Week of pregnancy.
Does anyone know any advise helplines that would be able to give me an answer?

naturalbaby Tue 05-Jul-11 22:56:18

that sounds right. it was so confusing! i phoned the job centre but the just sent the pack with the application form so i had to read through all the stuff myself and send it in. are you not ready to discuss it with work yet? their hr department should be able to work it out.

babyonbord Wed 06-Jul-11 09:17:42

technically as you are still an employee whilst on maternity leave you should qualify regardless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now