Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movement and tight trousers

(7 Posts)
KatyN Tue 05-Jul-11 15:34:57

I think this might sound a bit daft, but I just wanted to check,

I'm 21+5, LO has been wriggling about quite a bit recently, when I lie down in bed and the other night during the transformers film(It was rather loud). He also is pretty wriggly when I'm sat at my desk, leaning forward.

I've got those maternity trousers with the boob tube for your bump so to hold them up I tend to have them quite tight under my bump (but as low as possible or I think I need the loo even more than usual)!

I was just wondering if when I lean forward (and put a bit more pressure on the 'waist band' of these trousers (which is obviously not around my waist)) am I putting pressure on the little one's home and making him move a bit more?

thanks! katy

yummymango Tue 05-Jul-11 15:48:44

I have been the same, mine always wriggles and bunches me when I am sat down and bend forward. Not sure about tight trousers as I tend to wear a lot of dresses but I am sure it's just the same. And probably normal!

KatyN Tue 05-Jul-11 15:52:06

oh.. nice idea.. might wear something else tomorrow and check he's the same!

(she says sounding like she has more than 2 items of clothing that fit!)
k

yummymango Tue 05-Jul-11 15:56:01

haha I know its crap isn't it!
Don't worry I am sure the little one is completely normal smile

Renaissance227 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:52:59

I have the same thing happening with maternity trousers. As soon as I sit in them they go tight around the very bottom of my bump and I try to pull them down as low as possible.
Love feeling the wriggling!! BUT I am sure it's not doing any harm!
Just enjoy smile

lolajane2009 Wed 06-Jul-11 11:58:28

I don't wear any tight clothing as they get attacked by my little wriggler. he is a natural fidget but it is unbarable if i wear tight clothing and at almost 30 weeks he is strong. you won't be harming the baby.

MissMI5 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:27:53

He he! This post made me giggle (and boy do I need a giggle today!) because exactly the same thing is happening to me as I type. I am sitting at my desk (lunch break! yeah right...) in skinny trousers and every time I lean forward my baby wiggles! it doesn't happen as much when I wear dresses. I always wonder whether she's actually trying to tell me to stop squashing her....?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now