Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sitting here swaying with nausea trying to work out if there's anything I can eat for breakfast

(39 Posts)
allhailtheaubergine Tue 05-Jul-11 05:40:09

I know if I eat a little of something that doesn't make me vomit I will feel a little better.

But the thought of everything is making me dry heave.

Maybe even throwing up would help.

God. This bit is hard. My whole house smells of things that make me gag.

Wormshuffler Tue 05-Jul-11 05:42:34

Me too...............I dread going to bed at night as I know when I wake up I will feel so bad. I have just managed to get a brew down me now about to chew on a bit of toast.

barbie1 Tue 05-Jul-11 05:43:07

The only thing i could stomach this morning was a chocolate orange cookie blush Not at all healthy, but I am the same as you. What ever i eat will probably make an appearance with in the next few hours though, so i tend not to eat until after the being sick has passed. Normally its about 10am that i get really sick, so ill be ok in time for lunch!

allhailtheaubergine Tue 05-Jul-11 05:47:10

My lovely husband brought me a cup of tea in bed this morning. It was not well received. envy <--- my face

barbie1 Tue 05-Jul-11 05:50:22

grin
Have you tried having something to eat while still in bed? Mv told me to take dry biscuit and nibble on upon waking, then to wait 20 mins before getting up. Apparently it take the edge off the sickness?

No chance to try as dd wants getting out of bed as soon as she wakes, and since there is no standard wake up time i don't have 20 mins to relax in bed!

allhailtheaubergine Tue 05-Jul-11 05:56:49

I've eaten an apple. Now preparing to dash to the bathroom...

Wormshuffler Tue 05-Jul-11 05:59:08

If I lay there it makes me feel worse, and I would rather dry heave than sick up bicuits to be honest, they taste the same coming back up as they do going down and it's put me off them!!
All worth it though, I have my 12 week scan today and am bricking it after having had a miscarriage last time. With the MC i had no sickness, so find it re-assuring to have it this time. 5 more hours..........

allhailtheaubergine Tue 05-Jul-11 06:06:27

Oh good luck Wormy. You're right, the sickness is a really good sign. Hope you have something to keep your mind busy for the next 5 hours.

howabout Tue 05-Jul-11 06:10:09

Have you tried Ginger Nuts?

Iggly Tue 05-Jul-11 06:15:19

I used to eat just before bed then in the morning eat a cracker while I lay in bed. Very slowly...

I also had to have eggs every day once I got up - usually scrambled on toast. Or boiled.

There is some (shaky) evidence that vitamin B can help with nausea which eggs contains. Also I would have brown rice for dinner which meant I felt better in the morning. I couldn't have too much protein at dinner either - only at breakfast or lunch (which I had twice - two small meals over 2/3 hours).

pinkytheshrinky Tue 05-Jul-11 06:22:58

Oh I do feel for you it is a horrible thing - I used to be able to smell boiling water - and is was revolting

Lucozade was my friend

Changing2011 Tue 05-Jul-11 07:09:02

Hi there I have bought some lemon and ginger tea and also some peppermint and nettle tea they taste like perfume but seem sharp enough to cut through the nausea for a few seconds. Also I have been having water biscuits with a tiny bit of dairylea on. Hope you feel better.

theonlyhb2 Tue 05-Jul-11 07:35:04

did someone really suggest ginger nuts?

Asinine Tue 05-Jul-11 07:36:07

Oatcakes?

PinkFondantFancy Tue 05-Jul-11 07:36:34

I found that tinned pears were the only thing I could face for breakfast, just the thought of anything else ended in disaster....

stuffthenonsense Tue 05-Jul-11 08:16:37

For me in my last pregnancy everything would make me vomit, but I alsways felt a little better afterward. The trick is in finding something that won't HURT on the way back up.
Not hit vomitting just yet, cannot wait grin

stuffthenonsense Tue 05-Jul-11 08:16:37

For me in my last pregnancy everything would make me vomit, but I alsways felt a little better afterward. The trick is in finding something that won't HURT on the way back up.
Not hit vomitting just yet, cannot wait grin

nenevomito Tue 05-Jul-11 08:20:12

I had horrible nausea and it was worse if I was even the slightest bit hungry.

I used to have a snack before bedtime (not toast, dreadful heartburn!!) and then have some dry crackers by the side of the bed to much on before I moved one muscle.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Tue 05-Jul-11 08:24:30

Feeling for you. Just got up feeling sick, ate toast with the kids which normally perks me up enough to get them sorted for school but today everything came up sad Got to do the school run on very shaky legs soon & feel the need to take a bag with me but hope I don't need it coz public vomiting is not fun blush x

theonlyhb2 Tue 05-Jul-11 08:43:54

jelly is the best thing for mornings. only thing that first stayed down when in the height of my HG and if it comes back up it doesn't hurt (and tastes nice)

allhailtheaubergine Wed 06-Jul-11 08:02:08

I have just had a large iced vanilla latte from Costa. It was the most divine thing ever. I shall probably see it again very soon, but for now I am blissed out.

dribbleface Wed 06-Jul-11 08:30:38

i found sipping Lucazade really helped me. and potato waffles with small sprinkling of salt. you have My sympathies, with ds i was sick until 26 weeks but this time it magically disappeared at about 14 weeks!

H007 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:11:34

Have you tried sucking on a sweet?

missorinoco Wed 06-Jul-11 09:13:16

I used to make toast, leave it to go cold and floppy, then spread a little butter on it and it would stay down. Do you think that might work?

allhailtheaubergine Wed 06-Jul-11 10:58:20

Cold floppy toast might work.

The only problem is that act of spreading on the butter causes me to heave. I can't even think about it.

Oh I could really give my drama-queen body a good talking to. This is all a bit of an overeaction isn't it? I'm only pregnant, not changing into a butterfly.

Anyway, it's all moot for the time being as my daughter is eating chicken and sweetcorn noodles and the smell... <boak> it's all I can do not to DIE where I sit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now