Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Joint pain during sleep

(2 Posts)
pixiekid Mon 04-Jul-11 20:45:30

Does anyone else suffer from really painful joints when you wake from a nights sleep (I'm 22 weeks)? I'm not sure if I'm just getting bad cramps but my knees, elbows and wrists all really ache when I wake up...

LDNmummy Mon 04-Jul-11 21:31:17

Hey pixie, I do and it is so bad it wakes me up now. I am 26+5 and have been having it for a few weeks but it only became this bad the last week or so.

I also get cramping in my leg muscles if I stretch a bit, very uncomfortable.

With the joint pain I hadn't bothered using a pillow in between my legs for a long time now as it seemed to make no difference, but I tried again when it became too painful to sleep and it is brilliant for me!

I just fold a thin pillow in half or take a large one and place it between my knees. It is such a big difference and the pain is drastically reduced.

Maybe try some gentle stretching once a day as I heard this helps keep things limber too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now