Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nuchal fold test

(6 Posts)
diddygirl Mon 04-Jul-11 19:07:41

Hello
I had the nuchal tests done (scan measurement and bloods) on 31st May. I was told that if something was wrong, I'd be notified by phone within 5 days and if all was ok, I'd get a letter within 3 weeks. It's been about 5 weeks now and I haven't heard a dickie bird. I am seeing midwife on Fri, so will ask then. Has anyone else been left dangling in the unknown like this? Is it usual to wait so long for the results? I'm worried they might have lost them and in which case I might have missed the amnio option.
Thanks

ExpensivePants Mon 04-Jul-11 19:12:59

I would give them a ring. I'm sure if there was anything to report that needed action they would have called you but you should definitely have heard one way or the other by now.

YBR Mon 04-Jul-11 19:14:58

I was told that the result, if low risk, went to my midwife so never chased it up. Will have to remember to ask when I see her (Thursday).
Perhaps that is the case where you are also?

tiokiko Mon 04-Jul-11 19:18:25

It probably means all's OK but I would defintely phone to check as they should let you know.

FYI assuming you had the test around 11-13 weeks you would still be OK for amnio - CVS is the one you can do earlier, amnio can be done from 16/17w onwards.

MissTriangle Mon 04-Jul-11 19:56:58

I was told something similar- but didn't hear anything for weeks and weeks. I did take it that no news was good news. Then ages after we received a letter in the post confirming low risk.
Never found out what took so long though. X

licoriceGreen Mon 04-Jul-11 20:39:47

Mine came through 13 weeks after I'd had the test! I'd give the hospital a call just to double check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now