Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping in first tri.

(7 Posts)
mrsrvc Mon 04-Jul-11 17:59:19

This is my 5th pregancy ( one eptopic & 1 MC, 2 term babies) but yet I am still sat here not able to remember if this is normal. I am 9+3 and cramping quite a lot, like I'm about to get my period. I am tired (to the point of feeling drugged) and feeling hideously but reassuringly nauseous, but I am worried that something is going wrong. Due to my history I have had two scans and the last, at 7+6 saw a very happy little blob with a speedy heartbeat so they discharged me.
But I am feeling very anxious about this cramping and wondering if I should go back to the EPU in the morning and just get checked over. (They did offer me a scan this week, but I said that I would try to last until my nuchal on the 20th.
Any reassurance would be gratefully received.

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 18:51:44

The nausea and tiredness are def very common! Cramping happens to some... it could be trapped wind or ligaments stretching, but if it persists i would go and have things checked out just to give you peace of mind that it isnt any thing else. If they offer you a scan take them up on it as visual reassurance is always great for putting your mind at ease.x

mrsrvc Mon 04-Jul-11 19:36:31

I might pop to the epu in the morning. Fingers crossed its just stretching, but it feels like I am about to get my period.

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 20:04:18

How long have you had the feeling for and is it consistant or has it been coming and going?x

mrsrvc Mon 04-Jul-11 20:07:15

a few days and it comes and goes.. today has been more on than off and more painful than other days.

clarinsgirl Mon 04-Jul-11 20:12:52

I'm 9 weeks and have had cramping on and off so far (seem to remember I had it last time too). I think some cramping due to stretching is quite normal. Don't know if you're already following it but there's a thread for Feb 2012 babies Here. A nice bunch where you'll find some good support.

NorthLondonDoulas Tue 05-Jul-11 13:52:30

Well the fact that it is not constant is a good thing and you have no bleeding, so fingers crossed it is just your bowels or ligaments. Take things as easy as you can and after a nice warm bath try giving your tummy a massage using a natural base oil (always work in a clockwise motion) you never know it might help a bit. But if it does continue for a long time and keeps getting more painful give your GP a ring.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now