Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Cramping in first tri.

(7 Posts)
mrsrvc Mon 04-Jul-11 17:59:19

This is my 5th pregancy ( one eptopic & 1 MC, 2 term babies) but yet I am still sat here not able to remember if this is normal. I am 9+3 and cramping quite a lot, like I'm about to get my period. I am tired (to the point of feeling drugged) and feeling hideously but reassuringly nauseous, but I am worried that something is going wrong. Due to my history I have had two scans and the last, at 7+6 saw a very happy little blob with a speedy heartbeat so they discharged me.
But I am feeling very anxious about this cramping and wondering if I should go back to the EPU in the morning and just get checked over. (They did offer me a scan this week, but I said that I would try to last until my nuchal on the 20th.
Any reassurance would be gratefully received.

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 18:51:44

The nausea and tiredness are def very common! Cramping happens to some... it could be trapped wind or ligaments stretching, but if it persists i would go and have things checked out just to give you peace of mind that it isnt any thing else. If they offer you a scan take them up on it as visual reassurance is always great for putting your mind at ease.x

mrsrvc Mon 04-Jul-11 19:36:31

I might pop to the epu in the morning. Fingers crossed its just stretching, but it feels like I am about to get my period.

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 20:04:18

How long have you had the feeling for and is it consistant or has it been coming and going?x

mrsrvc Mon 04-Jul-11 20:07:15

a few days and it comes and goes.. today has been more on than off and more painful than other days.

clarinsgirl Mon 04-Jul-11 20:12:52

I'm 9 weeks and have had cramping on and off so far (seem to remember I had it last time too). I think some cramping due to stretching is quite normal. Don't know if you're already following it but there's a thread for Feb 2012 babies Here. A nice bunch where you'll find some good support.

NorthLondonDoulas Tue 05-Jul-11 13:52:30

Well the fact that it is not constant is a good thing and you have no bleeding, so fingers crossed it is just your bowels or ligaments. Take things as easy as you can and after a nice warm bath try giving your tummy a massage using a natural base oil (always work in a clockwise motion) you never know it might help a bit. But if it does continue for a long time and keeps getting more painful give your GP a ring.x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: