loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clomid

(16 Posts)
Babyhopes88 Mon 04-Jul-11 15:49:38

Hi All,
I am new at this and would really appreciate all the help I can get,
I have my first gyno appointment thursday 7th July and he is going to put me on my first course of 50mg Clomid, me and my partner have now been trying unsucessfully for 3 Years, I really dont know what to expect, I am so excited, It would be really nice to hear some sucess stories and things to remember etc.

Thank you

BellasYummyMummy Mon 04-Jul-11 17:06:39

Good luck! I went on clomid a few years ago, I hated having day 21 bloods and found that 50mg didnt work for me. They upped me to 100g and I ovulated and fell pregnant. A few friends of mine have had many babies on clomid. Hope you get some good news soon smile

Pudding2be Mon 04-Jul-11 17:24:53

I'm 32 weeks with a clomid baby. She was conceived on the second round (I was on 50mg after 2 yrs of ttc).

Try not to get upset if it doesn't work (it really hit me hard when the first round didn't work) and I got every preg symptom in the 2ww. I also used ovulation sticks to help as you won't know when you ovulate (unless you are going to be scanned to see when).

Fingers crossed it happens first time for yougrin

boba82 Mon 04-Jul-11 18:14:20

I'm 30 weeks with a clomid baby. I fell pregnant on 2nd cycle of 50mg. I agree with pudding about the first time thing, I was devestated when AF arrived after first cycle. I used the CBFM too and we really gave it our all swi during the second cycle. I had every premenstrual symptom and was convinced AF was on her way when I got my BFP. After 19 months TTC I still can't believe it! Best of luck.

mrsbell1982 Tue 05-Jul-11 11:14:57

Hiya,

I'm 13+1 with first baby. I had 6 months worth of Clomid at the beginning of 2010 so no Clomid baby but I did just relax about the whole trying to conceive business and am now expecting our first in Jan 2012.
I will say my hormones were all over the place on Clomid and for the first month I was a nightmare to live with (husband could do nothing right) so I would just be concious of if you feel hormonal.

Good Luck xx

RunLyraRun Tue 05-Jul-11 13:23:44

Good luck with the Clomid. We were sent straight to IVF so I have no experience of it, but I just wanted to let you know that you will find lots more people in a similar situation to you on the conception board.

Babyhopes88 Tue 05-Jul-11 13:41:04

Thank you for you messages, Its given me hope. I will keep you informed.

Thank you all again xx

Babyhopes88 Tue 05-Jul-11 13:51:19

Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and share your success stories, I has given me hope.

Its nice to know that I am not alone.
Well… my appointment is in 2 days so fingers crossed, I will keep you posted.

Thanks Again xx

Babyhopes88 Mon 18-Jul-11 11:32:19

I said I would keep you informed.. Unfortunately prescription of clomid has been delayed, I have an operation in 3 weeks to remove a fallopian tube. sad Fingers crossed things will start to move forward after this. Thanks again for your support

Pudding2be Mon 18-Jul-11 12:10:47

Oh baby, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck

TAcrazy Mon 18-Jul-11 13:31:00

I got pregnant on my last month (6th month) of taking Clomid after a year and half of trying since a previous miscarriage, so the wait felt very long but totally worth it. I am now 25 weeks with a healthy baby so it's definitely worth taking a chance on it as it might just give you the kick start you need. Like Boba82 I still can't quite believe it worked as I had assumed that was it and was about to start the next step ie: IVF. I had no diagnosed issues but they put me on Clomid just for the sake of it and it worked!!!

Once you have your operation out of the way, hopefully you can start to move forward again with the Clomid. Best of luck and much love to you xx

BrassicaBabe Mon 18-Jul-11 17:41:12

50mg - Clomid Fail, 100mg - twins!! Maybe we should have asked for 75mg blush

Typing with one hand so a quick post as there is a small person sleeping on me.

Babyhopes88 Tue 19-Jul-11 15:06:41

thank you - My treatment start after I recover from my operation. I have faith so fingers crossed in a few months time I can share my success story with other women. TA Crazy - I agree it does feel like a very long time, but as you said its worth it in the end.

Thanks ladies for your support

xx

roisinanna Wed 20-Jul-11 09:01:33

Hi babyhopes.. No experience of clomid I'd but I did have one Fallopian tube removed and one clipped..had to have IVF and am 19weeks pregnant.. Fingers crossed for you and you're probably sick of tips but the two tips I have are....stay positive and stay rested! You need your body to heal after the op so you can move on to next stage ..I started IVF straight after my op. My consultant has a client pregnant on triplets after low dose clomid

stegasaurus Wed 20-Jul-11 14:56:21

Hi. I took clomid and conceived on the second cycle. DD is now 12 weeks old. Good luck with your operation. I agree with runlyrarun that the conception board on here is great. I found it very useful and supportive last year when I was going through it all.

Babyhopes88 Tue 26-Jul-11 12:52:00

really appreciate all your support, Its great to hear other sucess stories, the more I hear the more I fell its not "always me". I do have a positive attitude so fingers crossed I stay that way. rosinanna & stegasaurus thanks for your advise smile

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now