Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When can I start using arnica cream,tea tree oil& lavender oil after birth?

(6 Posts)
airhostess Mon 04-Jul-11 15:17:32

Hello!

My EDD is tomorrow and have time on my hands! I've bought arnica cream ready,how soon after giving birth either VB or Cs can I use it?
Also invested months back in tea tree oil and lavender oil as read somewhere they are good. How exactly though am I meant to use them and how?

Kind regards

Rootatoot Mon 04-Jul-11 18:53:40

I was wondering about arnica, though thought I'd read tablets are better? I just wanted to bump your thread as I'm curious too. smile

Good luck with your imminent arrival airhostess!

airhostess Wed 06-Jul-11 16:13:33

Anyone? lol

MotherPanda Wed 06-Jul-11 18:31:09

pop a few drops of tea tree and lavender oil in the bath - thats the best way smile

I'm afraid I havn't used arnica so don't know about that.

BertieBotts Wed 06-Jul-11 18:36:28

Arnica tablets, not cream. You'll probably be too sore to touch and you can't use it on open wounds so if you have stitches it will be pointless.

I started taking arnica the next day.

You need arnica tablets really, you can start taking them imediately after the birth.

You can put lavender oil in your bath (about 6-8 drops mixed with a little milk).

You can also put a couple of drops of lavender onto your sanitary towels post birth.

Wouldn't use the tea tree atm tbh, it is very potent and some people can have very strong and unexpected reactions to it. It is certainly not wise to use neat on the skin, whereas lavender is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now