Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pains pains pains!

(3 Posts)
Charleigh0 Mon 04-Jul-11 12:53:44

Hi, I am 35 weeks with my first so not long left now eeeek! The last 2 weeks I have been waking up every night with really uncomfortable pains under my bump and my groin area... It makes it quite hard to turn over and get comfortable. Sometimes it helps to use lots of pillows and sometimes not, so not really sure what to do.

Today I've been feeling really crap and a bit sick... I only had 'morning' sickness in the very early weeks.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated smile

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 14:31:59

As baby gets bigger and puts pressure on all of your internal organs and bones im afraid it does get very uncomfortable! Sadly theres not alot that can be done... keep using the pillows at night, try a nice warm bath followed by a gentle massage before bed to help you relax and fall into a deep slumber. Try taking vitamin C & zinc suppliments to give you a little boost and if the sickness starts up again i swear by vitamin B6! Good luck and keep your chin up, not long to go now!x

MissusTulip Mon 04-Jul-11 19:10:36

Charleigh0 - it sounds like you might have a bit of SPD - the groin pain and the pain waking you at night, esp when turning over... Have a look on the pelvic partnership website for some tips on managing this, there's also a thread on the pregnancy board.

Have you tried a pillow between your legs while lying on your side and/or another duvet under you to add extra support? Other ladies recommend an ice pack pon the ladies parts wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now