Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diarrhea at 9 weeks worried

(6 Posts)
Emy84 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:54:21

Sorry if TMI! I have been fairly constipated so far but had quite a busy day on sat and dinner out in the evening. On the way home started getting stomach cramps and then when we got home had to make quite a few trips to the loo and had bad upset stomach. Yesterday i felt quite rough but not slept much so just lounged around and slept. Felt like eating so I did was fine all day until a couple of hours after eating dinner when the cramps came back and diarrhea was even worse!
Do you think this sounds like a bug or just those lovely pg hormones. I thought if it was a bug it wouldnt have stopped and then started again. Feel ok today just quite delicate.
Am seeing midwife anyway on Wed but am supposed to be going away on holiday on Thursday! confused

Trinaluce Mon 04-Jul-11 10:21:03

Sounds like a bug to me. Keep your fluids up and if it hasn't cleared by tomorrow go and see your gp. Possibly worth mentioning to your midwife on Weds even if you're feeling better.

AgBag Mon 04-Jul-11 10:54:06

Yes definitely drink lots of water and rehydration salts if you can. I agree, its worth going to the gp today anyway just to check. Hope you feel better soon.

YBR Mon 04-Jul-11 13:44:26

I had diarrhea on occasions during the 1st trimester. Usually they were isolated patches - clear up in less than an hour and back to being constipated for several days. One lasted longer but under 24 hours I think. Occasionally nausia turned to vomiting at the same time, Yuk! I just attributed it to hormones at the time.

If it takes any longer to clear up then seek advice. I'd be phoning my GP surgery first as if it's an infectious bug they'll not want me spreading it round their waiting room.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 04-Jul-11 13:57:15

I have had a dodgy tummy continuously since 4 wks, I'm 7+6 now. Apparently it is less common than being constipated but is pregnancy related. Sometimes it is everytime I eat sometimes just a few times a day. Hope you feel better soon x

stuffthenonsense Mon 04-Jul-11 19:56:27

oh gosh, yes, my worst symptom is diarrhoea.

i would always see a professional if you are worried though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now