Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

41+2 - tried curry, walking....

(7 Posts)
F1rstT1meMummy Mon 04-Jul-11 08:59:44

Hey all
just a massive moan really. I have carpel tunnel syndrome and pelvic girdle pain - so my pelvis/groin is agony and my hands/fingers are now permanently numb!!

Am planning a homebirth - but bump doesn't want to budge! I'm petrified of hospitals and an induction has already been suggested!

I have tried curry (which practically made my eyes water), walking (which is tough with pelvic girdle pain), sex (once before I had first sweep - now DH wont come near me!), two sweeps, raspberry leaf tea and relaxing.

Any other ideas!! Or anyone else - sitting/bouncing/walking/sha$%ing patiently?!

xx

TransatlanticCityGirl Mon 04-Jul-11 09:59:40

I'm 41+5 and have very similar symptoms to you and have tried all of the above as well as:

Eating whole pineapple (including yucky middle core bit)
Reflexology
Lavender oil
Pregnancy massage
Pampering (mani/pedi/facials) - recommended by both midwife and doula
Bunny hopping down the stairs smile

I really hate to say this, but I don't think anything actually works.

The thing is, once you pass your due date, it's really hard to measure what works and what is coincidence. One of my friends had a massive dinner before she went into labour early and insists that's what did it. hmm

so if you try to correlate what people do immediately before going into labour, there could be an argument that even brushing your teeth could do it wink

Try to be patient. It WILL end eventually, even though I sometimes wonder myself if it's possible to just stay pregnant forever!!! And don't worry too much about hospital. In my NCT class so far no one has managed to escape the hospital or any interventions they were planning to avoid, yet every single one had positive things to say about the birth. Maybe just start mentally preparing yourself for a hospital birth, and try to stay relaxed about it, so that if that does happen, you will have an easier time than if you were all tense and scared about it.

Good luck! Hope your baby arrives very soon!

spookshowangel Mon 04-Jul-11 10:10:35

i have to say that sex works every time for me but you have to be dedicated the last time we did it seven times and i went in to labour at four in the morning. every time i wanted the little bugger out i made a concerted sex effort and out they came within i would say about 5 hrs. my seduction Technic was something along the lines of get on with it as many times as you can no frills, i dont have to enjoy it and hurry up. oh yeah i'm hot. we made an effort with the first time i think grin

babyonbord Mon 04-Jul-11 10:16:17

lol spook i've been trying sex, yeah it's a case of you weren't complaining when i let you shag me 9 months ago so get on with it now and don't be such a puff. How often were you having sex to get the baby out and this going to sound rude but what positions did you use it's really hard to find a comfortable one when there is a 7 pound baby in the way

spookshowangel Mon 04-Jul-11 10:24:34

my last was 10.5 and the only position i could have sex in was doggy sort of resting my head on the mattress. like i said we did it 7 times in the course of about 5 hrs for the last one and i went in to labour at four in the morning. i did it with all of mine varying amounts of sex but you do have to be committed and really just have your eye on the prize of getting the baby out.

babyonbord Mon 04-Jul-11 10:52:10

right well ill let you knw how how succsessful i was tommorrow lol

spookshowangel Mon 04-Jul-11 11:29:40

hahahaha good luck grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now