Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Im pregnant - what to do next?

(14 Posts)
Changing2011 Sun 03-Jul-11 20:50:42

I finally got my bfp yesterday after 20 months of trying smile

We have a 6 yo daughter. But Ive forgotten what to do next. Do I need to see GP and get referred to the midwife or can I just book an appointment with her? I will need to be seen by a consultant gynaeocologist as I have renal problens so I know the sooner the better but would it matter if I waited until the end of the week before making appointment? And do I need to take a wee sample? Help!

Paschaelina Sun 03-Jul-11 20:54:50

Congratulations. smile Call your surgery in the morning and ask. Its different everywhere depending on where you live.

Changing2011 Sun 03-Jul-11 20:57:10

Good idea thanks. I am feeling woefully out of touch with what to do! And we are not telling anyone until 12 weeks so cant really ask friends/family for advice. From MN Calculator I am 7 weeks due Feb.

WhipMeIndiana Sun 03-Jul-11 20:58:51

how exciting! good luck to you! x

Changing2011 Sun 03-Jul-11 21:11:41

thank you smile trying not to get too excited as I know its very early days. but the symptoms are very strong, Im so sick just like last time!

Paschaelina Sun 03-Jul-11 23:05:54

With me it was see GP, form to midwife, she contacted me and did the scan and blood referrals first, then did the actual booking at home.

I didn't feel unwell til about 11 weeks but then it stayed til I gave birth. Hope yours is the right way round and disappears in a few weeks as it should.

kri5ty Mon 04-Jul-11 07:53:44

congratulations grin

Yup with me i had to go to the GP who referred me to a midwife, who then called to arrange booking in app, then i got my scan date through at the booking in app x

Changing2011 Mon 04-Jul-11 17:30:49

Well I rang the docs for an appointment and my gp is off for three weeks! Great! I explained to the receptionist and she has reccommended "dropping in" on the Midwife - but I do work for a living and cant just hang around on the off chance I will get 5 minutes with her! Bloody rubbish our docs are. Off to shops tonight for some folic acid and ginger tea!

babydust27 Mon 04-Jul-11 19:09:08

get some vitamin d tablets too!

Im 4+4 and went to the docs last week, all they did was take my height, weight, worked out bmi then recommended folic acid n vitamin d and that was it!

Congratulations

Paschaelina Mon 04-Jul-11 19:50:56

Leave a message for the midwife to ring you and arrange the booking. Mine came out to me on a sunday morning. (just because thats when she was on duty and had a spare space, not because I demanded weekend or anything)

Ginger tea is great, and Carrs water biscuits, its the only thing that kept me sane at the beginning.

Changing2011 Tue 05-Jul-11 07:11:58

Hello I got my Folic acid and Im taking Vit B6 as I heard it helped sickness??

Think I will call the midwife and ask her to come when she is free rather than attending the drop in. I am going to see another doctor in the short term as I cannot wait 3 weeks to see my own GP. Did another test last night and still a strong BFP! I was worrying as my sickness trailed off sharply after lunchtime yesterday... your mind plays all sorts of tricks!

Paschaelina Tue 05-Jul-11 08:08:22

I didn't get many symptoms until around 11 weeks. I refused to allow myself to believe everything was fine until I had my scan at 12 weeks. I took a few tests over those first weeks just to reassure myself it was actually happening.

Theres a rumour that the sicker you feel, the higher your hcg level and the possibility of twins...

Paschaelina Tue 05-Jul-11 08:10:14

Oh and I always got my sickness from 4pm onwards and always felt fine in the morning.

kri5ty Tue 05-Jul-11 08:50:22

fingers crossed you wont get any sicknes hehe

I had no symtoms at all (i am 17 weeks now), other than feeling sick for about 2 weeks, but when ever i ate i felt better!! And i was never actually sick! grin very lucky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now