Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Less movement in hot weather

(15 Posts)
mummy2l Sun 03-Jul-11 16:38:51

Hi hope you are all enjoying the sunshine! smile I.wondered if any of you had found your babies a little quieter during the hot weather? Am 27wks and have noticed baby not being so active the last couple of days. Had prob 10 movements in total yest and only a few today. Am def having a couple but not the party he is usually having. Should I think about getting checked do you think or could he just be more sleepy in this weather?

CBear6 Sun 03-Jul-11 16:47:57

If I'm moving around I get less but when sitting/not moving around I get the same as usual, give or take a few taps, no matter what the weather.

If you're at all worried then you should get checked out.

One thing I did find though was that I was getting lots of BHs in the heat, it's down to not drinking enough so make sure you're having plenty of fluids (not sure if that affects movement?).

jammyscone Sun 03-Jul-11 16:51:32

Am 28 weeks. Noticed she had a quieter couple of days earlier in the week but then she was very active yesterday and today, so I guess it varies?

3become4 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:08:38

I definitely found mine was quieter on the hotter days recently. I was a bit worried but it all got back to normal quickly... and mine is rapidly running out of room too (due tomorrow!) which makes a difference. But of course if you're ever worried much better to get checked out than ignore it.

NatzCNL Sun 03-Jul-11 19:17:57

I was advised by my midwife last week to always get it checked if you notice a reduction in movement. It only takes a few 20 mins on the monitor to get the all ok.

I was in last week because hadn't felt her move for a couple of hours and was worried. Typically she went into full action mode as soon as I was hooked up, but the midwives told me to come back whenever I was worried as can never be too careful xx

moregranny Sun 03-Jul-11 20:59:11

You may not be drinking enough, but if your movements have changed you need to get checked out, x

MissBeehiving Sun 03-Jul-11 21:18:43

This is what you midwife/maternity unit are for. Please call them straightaway for advice.

mummy2l Sun 03-Jul-11 22:06:12

Thanks so much for all the advice. Have had an ice cold drink and a sit down and had a few kicks so feeling less worried now. Am going to have an early night and see how I am tomorrow. This will be dc 2 for us and with dc1 I went down with reduced movements a couple of times and was always made to feel very much in the way so am trying to only go if really panicked. Hopefully baby is just having a couple of quiet days and will be more active tomorrow

RitaMorgan Sun 03-Jul-11 22:08:37

Always get checked if you're worried! Feeling in the way is nothing compared to the health of your baby.

sprinkles77 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:27:53

fgs get it checked. get checked every time you are worried. it's important and no midwife with any sense will tell you to do anything else. Go the the labour ward. no amount of feeling daft can outweigh feeling even slightly concerned about your baby.

CBear6 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:36:19

Excuse my language but fuck any MW making you feel like you're in the way and if any does then take their name and make a complaint. Any half-de by experience MW would rather see a hundred worried mums who turn out to be just fine than miss the one who isn't fine.

If you're ever in doubt, go get checked. It only takes 20-30 minutes tops for them to run a decent trace on the baby, everything is likely fine but there's always a chance it isn't and a change in movement is one of the first indications that there's a problem.

CBear6 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:37:18

*half decent experienced MW

vallinnapod Mon 04-Jul-11 10:03:39

I had this last week over Sunday/Monday when it was scorchio. I did go to MFAU - monitored for 25 mins in which time I was lying down in a cool room and the baby went nuts! All perfectly normal. Not an ounce of blush - MW said if ever I feel that way to come in as better safe than sorry. Was even told there was a long wait - waited about 25 mins, and even went back to work afterwards about 10 stone lighter as all the worry and gone.

CrazyAlien06 Mon 04-Jul-11 16:45:57

When I had this I called my maternity unit and they said they wouldn't do anything apart from check heartbeat as I was only 25 weeks. I have a Doppler at home so just checked it myself.
My baby's had a few very quiet days and then yday and today been kicking the life out of me lol. 27 +1 today :0)

lolajane2009 Mon 04-Jul-11 17:17:16

my midwife told me two weeks ago at my that i should get checked if there is less than 10 in 12 hours. i would go get checked out tbh. i am 29 +3 atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now