Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm so angry!!!!!

(100 Posts)
sarahmia Sat 02-Jul-11 23:25:35

My mother has just announced that she wants to go to Scotland 10 days after I'm due, 3 days after she breaks up from school. For a week. Then 2 weeks later go on holiday for 10 days to Israel. When I said I was kinda relying on her help a bit especially since dd1 is on school holidays, my sister agreed with me and then my mum went off on one about how she has a life too and she needs a break etc etc. I'm so angry I basically just told her that I don't want her here and she should go. Oh how I do love to cut my nose off to spite my face.
Am I being hormonally unfair???

iMemoo Sat 02-Jul-11 23:27:39

You are being a bit unfair.

Chynah Sat 02-Jul-11 23:29:52

Yes. Sorry but your mum is entitled to do whstever she wants whenever. Dealing with 2 kids is no big deal and something you are going to have to get used to (unless you expect your mum to hold your hand until they're 16)

ssd Sat 02-Jul-11 23:33:20

oh grow up and get on with it

some of us actually manage looking after our kids without expecting our mums to drop everything for us, you should try it

it sounds like your mums got your number, good on her

MmeLindor. Sat 02-Jul-11 23:35:05

Sorry but yes, you are being a bit unfair.

But are you worried about not coping? Or pissed off that if you are late she might miss the birth?

LynetteScavo Sat 02-Jul-11 23:35:22

You are being hormonally unfair.

But I can see why you would be a bit put out (the same thing happened to me) but being angry is a bit extreme.

Wafflepuss Sat 02-Jul-11 23:35:49

Good for your Mum. Can't imagine why she'd keep wanting to get far, far away...

BehindLockNumberNine Sat 02-Jul-11 23:38:24

You are being unfair (and hormonal)

My mum lives abroad (well, no, she is at home, I am the one who moved away) and there is no way she would be at the birth etc. I coped.

I think you expecting her to be there is not on. Lovely if she wants to, but no biggie if she has other plans.

sarahmia Sat 02-Jul-11 23:58:37

Well, thanks for that barrage of abuse. Definitely warranted. Think that'll be the last time I come on here.

iMemoo Sun 03-Jul-11 00:01:39

Abuse? I thought we were quite polite. And you did ask!!!!

Your hormones are getting the better of you dear

MmeLindor. Sun 03-Jul-11 00:02:54

Sarah
There were a couple of slightly harsh comments but most posters answered your question, "Am i being unfair".

Are you worried that you won't cope? Does your mum often help?

mumatron Sun 03-Jul-11 00:05:14

shock

you're expecting your mum to put her plans on hold because you are choosing to have another baby?

grow up.

ssd Sun 03-Jul-11 00:05:28

op, i repeat, grow up

iMemoo Sun 03-Jul-11 00:07:04

Some of us have no help at all. Not even when on dc3 and having had a CS.

ssd Sun 03-Jul-11 00:07:56

just re read your op, i feel really sorry for your mum

startail Sun 03-Jul-11 00:13:30

Assuming you have a DP/DH and he isn't in the forces or similar, then you are being unfair.
Sorry those of us with distant, infirm or deceased, parents get a bit pissed off with people who expect theirs to drop everything to help out.

Reality Sun 03-Jul-11 00:13:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 03-Jul-11 00:20:54

Wow.. you lot are brutal!

KaraJS Sun 03-Jul-11 00:44:01

Think this lot are being abit unfair! Also maybe you are being abit unfair to your mother, maybe she well help out abit before she goes away

CarolineLou Sun 03-Jul-11 00:56:16

Wow, I think some replies were a little harsh!!!! I think I'll be very creful what I ask on here as it seems there are unwritten rules

KaraJS Sun 03-Jul-11 00:56:34

Then again I wouldnt have this problem, there is no way my mum would want to go any where if there was the chance the baby might be born late, also she would want to be around to help, that's what family's do isn't it? So even tho you shouldn't expect your mum to be there to help you would think shed want to be, and who out their can say they wouldn't have been gratefull for abit of help after they'd had a baby?

doozle Sun 03-Jul-11 00:59:55

I don't know. If my daughter was having a baby, I'd like to be around for her and help out in whatever way needed. And so wouldn't plan so many holidays around the due date and afterwards.

So I think the OP is not entirely unreasonable here.

However shouting at your mum might not have been the most constructive thing either.

CarolineLou Sun 03-Jul-11 01:00:05

I totally agree Kara same with my Mum, shes offered to help me as its my first but I'm surte I'll get a load of abuse for daring to accept any help from anyone as of course the people who posted being utterly nasty have never asked for help off anyone ever

Dexifehatz Sun 03-Jul-11 01:19:59

Whoops,thought I'd clicked on AIBU.wink

moonferret Sun 03-Jul-11 01:26:23

Well, thanks for that barrage of abuse. Definitely warranted. Think that'll be the last time I come on here.

Too funny! The "hormonal" references were a bit unkind though..but still funny! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now