Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

(Sorry TMI) Greenish stringy discharge since BFP, worried.

(4 Posts)
SlightlyEmbarrassedAndWorried Sat 02-Jul-11 22:59:39

OK, so I'm about 13 weeks pregnant and I have always gotten a greenish snotty discharge before my periods; that's how I know my period will start. I never questioned if that was normal or not, as the rest of my cycle I get the normal EWCM and it never worried me.

Ever since I got pregnant, I have had this stringy green snotty discharge everyday. I wasn't worried about it until I felt like researching BV, and now I am terrified I have it. Green discharge is not normal in ANY of the pages I've read. I think there is something wrong with me, and I am meeting a doctor on Monday.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else out there with the same problem? It's just green and snotty with no bad odour or any other untoward symptoms like itching. With my first pregnancy I had normal milky white discharge throughout.

ToriaPumpkin Sun 03-Jul-11 10:15:38

I've had discharge in every colour of the rainbow so far (23+3 atm), the orange stuff was particularly fun. Have also had green (once after a bleed which was nicely terrifying) and was reassured it was probably nothing to worry about unless it smelled strange. The stuff I get is usually stringy or rubbery and I'm using pantyliners most days (costing me a fortune!) as it's so copious.

Go to your Drs appt tomorrow and tell them your concerns and they'll be able to best advise you. If it is an infection they're generally easily treated anyway.

SlightlyEmbarrassedAndWorried Sun 03-Jul-11 13:15:31

Thanks for the reply Toria. I use pantyliners too. I will be asking my doctor about this tomorrow, as I have suitably scared myself now.

banana87 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:20:19

I have green and yellow/green discharge all through pregnancy. Completely normal unless its a sudden onset and smelly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now