Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen feet and hands... Normal?

(8 Posts)
Catsu Sat 02-Jul-11 19:07:56

I'm 34 weeks with dc3. Never had swelling before with other 2.
Last week at mw appt had protein and glucose and something else show up in wee test, said would need to look out for anything showing up if it continued.
Since then have had swollen feet and hands that ache.

Is it related? Should I call mw? Or is it a normal but annoying pg related thing?

RobynLou Sat 02-Jul-11 19:11:19

It is v normal, especially in hot weather, but it is one of the signs of pre eclampsia so I would get it checked.

it's probably just water retention though - I lost a stone of water in the days after having DD2.

Eviepoo Sat 02-Jul-11 19:35:27

If you've had some thing in your urine and now swelling. I would call MW to be sure. I have horrific swelling but nothing else so we are not worried.
Your MW will best know though.

moregranny Sat 02-Jul-11 20:25:05

You need to get it checked out especially as you had protein in your wee, x

witches Sat 02-Jul-11 22:20:46

I would get it checked asap, the swelling would be one of the signs they are referring to. Do you have a triage dept? They will prob advise getting blood pressure checked. Prob fine but better safe than sorry x

pozzled Sat 02-Jul-11 22:24:13

Definitely get it checked out. Its probably just the heat, but with the protein in your wee you need to make sure that it's not pre-eclampsia.

Catsu Sun 03-Jul-11 09:11:35

Is it worth calling mw on her mobile today and disturbing her on a Sunday or wait till she's at the surgery tomorrow morning and call there?

moregranny Sun 03-Jul-11 09:50:16

If you are still swollen this morning you need to get checked out now !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now