Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nose Bleed -normal, weird or unrelated?

(14 Posts)
MotherPanda Sat 02-Jul-11 09:41:03

Hello, am nearing 38 weeks pregnant and have had a continous light nose bleed for the past couple of days - as in, it's not streaming down my face, but everytime i blow my nose the tissue is covered in blood.

Is this related to my gums bleeding more, in that theres a lot more blood pumping round and completley normal? Or is it a sign that my blood pressure is changing?

Or... even better - is it a sign?

Or... do i just have a light nosebleed.

deo357 Sat 02-Jul-11 11:21:54

no idea - but funny post !!!

tory79 Sat 02-Jul-11 11:28:34

I'm only 24 weeks, but ever since I got pregnant I have had bleeding gums and quite a few nosebleeds! I was told it was just related to the extra blood flow. I had a random nosebleed on the tube the other night and couldn't find a tissue - nightmare! And my gums have become so sensitive that sometimes they just start bleeding even though I am not brushing my teeth or eating anything!! (dentist said they were fine btw, it was just pg related)

MotherPanda Sat 02-Jul-11 15:53:45

poor tory - covered in blood on the tube.

Sigh, sounds like i've been quite lucky not to have this till now then smile

witches Sat 02-Jul-11 20:49:50

I have had this too got it at the start about 8weeks and has started again at 36weeks. Seems pretty normal from what i have read, something i read said might be to do with the cervix becoming softer but that might b wishful thinking!

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Sat 02-Jul-11 20:53:00

Can be a sign of high bp, causing the small blood vessels to break. I'd get your bp checked ASAP.

mumblebum Sat 02-Jul-11 20:54:49

I've had this pretty much throughout, my gums are fine though! My BP has always been ok too. I've just been ignoring it and hoping it goes away.

WinterLover Sun 03-Jul-11 07:50:24

My blood pressure has always been fine too, I always get a small nose bleed about half 4 in the morning when I go for a wee

I'm 33 weeks now!

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Sun 03-Jul-11 07:56:25

Any sudden change like this should be looked in to.

MadYoungCatLady Sun 03-Jul-11 16:40:07

Nose bleeds are common in pregnancy. I worried when I first had the same as you, Ive never had a proper nose bleed. If you are worried, call your mw. Should be fine tho, it is quite normal.

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Sun 03-Jul-11 18:02:54

Its not normal if it starts suddenly though, when shes not been having them all pregnancy.

banana87 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:16:24

It's normal. I had this all through my pregnancy with DD1.

apple99 Sun 03-Jul-11 19:17:05

I had nosebleeds throughout my first pregnancy and this one also, am now 33 weeks and have a couple a week. Also have bleeding gums. Blood pressure is checked regularly and is fine.

MotherPanda Mon 04-Jul-11 09:16:44

Thanks for the comments guys - will be seeing the doctor tomorrow so will get my blood pressure checked just incase. It's eased off a little in the past couple of days, but will double check.

Nice to hear all your stories smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now