Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't breathe!

(9 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 01-Jul-11 22:31:04

Anyone else feel like someone us sitting on there chest? Only 7+3 but laying in bed now feel like I'm overdue. That feeling when baby is squirting ur lungs. Any ideas why or how to stop this horrible feeling?

mousymouse Fri 01-Jul-11 22:33:56

call nhs direct or take yourself to a&e. doesn't sound right.
have you got asthma?

LDNmummy Sat 02-Jul-11 01:35:54

I am 6 months and already find that baby is pushing on my lungs and upper area making it hard to breathe. Its started to become more tedious walking up stairs as I am totally breathless by the time I reach the top and have to pace myself to catch my breagain or start to feel a little faint.

I started a thread on here a couple weeks ago about it and it is pretty normal apparently even at my stage.

You sound like you are having a much worse time so maybe it is best to go with mousy's suggestion and speak to someone

PinkFondantFancy Sat 02-Jul-11 06:23:33

I had something similar at a similar stage to you. Turned out it was asthma so I would see your GP ASAP. In the meantime, I found sleeping more propped up helped, as did lying down on my side.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 02-Jul-11 07:39:31

Thanx ladies, I don't have asthma & have never had breathing problems before. I think it may be to do with my hayfever as I have woken up completely bunged up. Need to get my dr to tell me what is safe to take as I haven't been taking anything & think I may need to. Other thing is I feel like I am getting a bump above my belly button, waist hasn't grown but that area has a round pregnant look to it & if baby is up that high it will be squishing me???

MrsVidic Sat 02-Jul-11 07:46:02

Your probably anemic - get a gp blood test asap

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 02-Jul-11 07:47:34

Just googled & found lots of things saying it is to do with increased progesterone & completely normal. I swear I have every pregnancy symptom in the book this time but am taking that as a good sign smile x

PinkFondantFancy Sat 02-Jul-11 15:13:40

Yep probably is but I would still go and see your GP - no point in putting up with it if it's something fixable

NorthLondonDoulas Sat 02-Jul-11 16:12:38

This is pregnancy number 5 for me and i always get breathless in the early weeks, i find that it dies down as i approach the 2nd trimester and then comes back later when it is the baby putting pressure on my lungs. The bump you can feel above your belly button would not be your baby as your baby remains tucked away in your pelvic cavity antil about week 12. After this stage at your antinatal check ups your Gp/midwife will feel your tummy for the 'height of fundus' as they often use this to check if baby is growing right for your dates. But of course if you are at all worried about your breathing or this lump than please go and get it checked out. Good luck and congratulations.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now