Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

unparsturised cheese ok if cooked?

(5 Posts)
mandoo Fri 01-Jul-11 17:52:12

3 months pregnant, am I ok to eat cooked goats cheese?

PrincessScrumpy Fri 01-Jul-11 18:28:24

I has two goats cheese tarts at a wedding (dh didn't like his and I was starving). Both me and the other pg lady on our table ate it. The table next to us also had 2 pg ladies who didn't eat their ones. I felt guilty for a second but now 28w with twins and we've survived.

I wouldn't have with dd1 - followed everything with her but more relaxed this time.

This obv isn't medical advice though.

Tangle Fri 01-Jul-11 18:39:49

Yes. As long as the cheese has been cooked thoroughly then any undesirable bugs it may be harbouring will have been well and truly roasted and it will be safe to eat - just make sure its bubbling all the way through, not lightly grilled.

Enjoy smile

PrincessScrumpy Fri 01-Jul-11 18:56:31

Yay, I'll stop feeling guilty grin

mandoo Sat 02-Jul-11 07:27:50

Oh excellent. I did eat and enjoy a mushrooms stuffed with goats cheese last night. Am not very fussy about following the rules, but with my first I did try to avoid cheeses. My G.P is very relaxed about what I can and can't eat so that has made me somewhat more relaxed too.

Just coming through the other side of the dreaded sickness so pleased I fancy eating anything really!

Thanks for your advice, will eat (cooked) cheese guilt free from now on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now