Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

do nuchal and blood results come at same time?

(5 Posts)
patagonia09 Fri 01-Jul-11 17:15:37

I’m due to have the dating and nuchal scan in a few weeks at Kings College (Denmark Hill, London). Has anybody been there and can tell me if they take your blood test at the same time and you get all the results there and then? They haven’t said anything to me about arranging to get the bloods in advance but I really hope that doesn’t mean we get a partial answer on the day and then have to wait for the rest! Waiting is agony!!

tiokiko Fri 01-Jul-11 17:53:16

I think most places do bloods and scan on the same day, so you'll have to wait until the bloods are processed to get the full results. The sonographer will usually tell you the measurement and whether it looks OK or not, but the full results will combine that with your bloods and age to give you the odds/high or low risk result.

silverangel Fri 01-Jul-11 18:57:53

At Kings you get them at the same time, well, the same day! They will do your scan, send you downstairs to have your bloods done and then a while later they will give you your results. Be prepared for the process to take a while!

Mum2be79 Fri 01-Jul-11 20:18:30

Lucky if you get results back the same day.

I had mine yesterday and I knew nuchal was 2.3mm as it was written on my card but have to waitfor bloods. As far as I am aware 2.3mm at 13 weeks + 4 days is within the norms.

babychoochoo Fri 01-Jul-11 20:54:51

I went to Kings. They took my blood sample in the same room as they done my scan.

The blood is taken elsewhere for processing while the scan is done. Then they combine the result which you are given in the form of a letter.

Echo what sliverangel said about being prepared to wait, think i was there 3 hours, but that was checking twins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now