Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

REALLY blooming tired... has anyone got any tips for a 1st timer?

(9 Posts)
Strawberrysmum Fri 01-Jul-11 15:29:18

Basically as it says on the tin!

I found out I was pregnant on my hubby's birthday (last Wednesday) I'm 7 weeks today, due on my dad's birthday 17th Feb, so still super early stages but jeez.. I'm absolutely shattered all the time- no matter how much I sleep.

Does anyone have any ideas to keep me awake? I'll give anything a go (I think)

seaweedhead Fri 01-Jul-11 15:55:29

Not a lot you can do about it really except nap if/when you can. You should get some energy back in a few weeks.

NorthLondonDoulas Fri 01-Jul-11 16:00:03

Its a really tough one beating pregnancy tiredness.... i also suffer from ME which doesnt help, but im generally tired most of the day in early pregnancy and i often get a certain time of day that i just cant keep my eyes open!

In previous pregnancies i have found that...
*Taking vitamin C and zinc supplements helped a bit with energy.
*Eating things like dried fruits and nuts or porridge can help as they are slow energy releasing.
*Having a nice warm bath, milky drink and a relaxing massage before bed so you can then do into a deeper state of slumber and have a more benefical sleep to make you more revitalised in the morning.
* Have a cold shower in the morning to help wake you up better.
*Take things slowly in the morning so you dont use up your energy quickly.
*If you can, take a nap during the day at the time you are generally the most tired.

Good luck and i hope you find something that works for you - bear in mind that some of the above may take a little time to have any effect.x

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 01-Jul-11 16:06:05

Nowt you can do about it. Just sleep whenever you need to. If you're feeling sick as well it gets worse the more tired you are. You just have to ride it. I'm feeling a little less knackered at 13 weeks now and the only thing that has got me through days at work is a 45 minute sleep in the car at lunchtime. If I didn't do that I'd be asleep at my desk!

lolajane2009 Fri 01-Jul-11 16:15:44

nothing you can do i'm afraid. wait it out and it will be back.

funnylittlekaty Fri 01-Jul-11 16:23:24

Ah I was just like this! My little chap is 7 weeks old now and I'm not as tired as I was in the first 12 weeks when I couldn't tell anyone at work why I looked so grey and was unable to complete the simplest of tasks! My advice would be eat well, sit when you can and go to bed straight after dinner. 8 o'clock was my perfect bedtime! Don't worry it does get better, I had quite a lot of energy once I'd got past the headache phase at sixteen weeks. Ah you have so much to look forward to! wink labour's just the cherry on the cake! X

Strawberrysmum Fri 01-Jul-11 17:03:59

Thanks all... I think a nap in the car at lunchtime sounds like a plan, I'll have a go of that! We have a multi-story so I'll park somewhere quiet and get my head down.... Thank you smile

On the plus side, I'm not being sick... grin

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 01-Jul-11 17:10:40

It's quite nice actually. I park in a far corner, put the seat back, my little blanket and set my alarm. Lovely smile

Not being sick is good. Sickness really is the pits.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 01-Jul-11 18:27:20

I'm due the 15th of feb & feel exactly the same. I have to have a nap in the afternoon xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now