Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

EDD + 3 days, DD1 has unidentified rash and now I've got it all over bump!

(3 Posts)
pinkfoot Fri 01-Jul-11 13:49:15

I'm currently 3 days past due date, DD1 (20 months) had temp of 101 on Sunday, rash started back of neck, hands, feet etc, now all over body including face. Red, flat spots, no blisters. She's had all jabs incl. MMR and already been through chicken pox. I had German Measles as a child so should be resistant but I've now got the same rash as DD1 all over the bump. Doc suggested 'hands feet & mouth' but doesn't fit the bill at all.
Any ideas what the rash could be? Should I be worried about it effecting labour or passing on to new baby ... when she finally decides to arrive.?
Very grateful for any thoughts.

OnlyWantsOne Fri 01-Jul-11 13:51:25

Has the dr seen the rash? How are you feelig?
I would call your MW

pinkfoot Fri 01-Jul-11 14:10:20

Yes, dr saw me and DD1 this morning but wasn't all at sure what it was - said likely to be viral so obviously no point giving antibiotics. I'm feeling OK - a bit tired but nothing more than you'd expect at 40+ weeks.
Will call MW as you suggest. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now