Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

id forgotten labour hurt

(26 Posts)
babyonbord Fri 01-Jul-11 13:10:04

it hurts really bad, my back is murdering me, i hope this is the real thing becuase if it's not im going to scream, i don't think my contractions are regular enough to get to the hosiptal but owww

AKMD Fri 01-Jul-11 13:11:46

Awwww, it will be over soon - and congratulations in advance!

Have you tried hopping into a warm bath? I was inducd and strapped onto zillions of monitors when I was in labour and that's all I can remember wanting.

Noop Fri 01-Jul-11 13:12:37

Hope it goes well, why not have a warm bath?

Noop Fri 01-Jul-11 13:13:51

Haha great minds think alike...

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 13:15:10

I was going to come on and grin at you, but now I realise you are actually in the throes I will sad at you instead.

It's bloody rough, isn't it? And particularly bad when you're niggling and all the pain doesn't even feel productive.

Have you got a TENS machine there? Someone to rub your back?

Best of luck and just think - you'll have a cute new baby soon x

babyonbord Fri 01-Jul-11 13:15:29

i'm waiting for it to get worse before i try a bath if i remember rightly it's going to get a lot worse before i go to hosiptal i just hope it is the real thing i've been having flase labour for about 2 weeks now but it does feel different this time so fingers crossed if he comes today it will be a nice birthday present for his dad lol

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 13:24:09

How exciting - wish I was having a baby today grin

BlueChampagne Fri 01-Jul-11 13:45:31

Second time around I waited for it to get worse before going to hospital ... ended up having baby on bathroom floor! So, don't leave it too long, but if you think you have, stay at home - it will be easier for the midwife to find you.

Good luck - all be over soon.

babyonbord Fri 01-Jul-11 13:50:28

im hoping to wait till 5 when my dh gets home, i dont want him to come running home for it all to stop, ive been having so many false starts lately and we only live 5 minutes from the hospital. Its just in my back, i don't want my baby yet i'm being induced in 3 weeks i was hoping he would stay put till then im still waiting for baby items to be delivered why do babies always come when you don't want them too and never come when you do its sods law

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 14:13:16

Are you getting to the grumpy stage yet, babyonbord? grin

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 14:14:20

You need distraction, bob. Is this your second child? Do you know he is a boy? Have you picked a name?

IS YOUR HOSPITAL BAG PACKED? grin

babyonbord Fri 01-Jul-11 14:53:19

lol yeah he's a boy we are going to call him isaac my hospital bag is in the car i remember with my first this bit took ages i think about 16 hours in total and very very slowly got worse and worse then i was in labour for a further 12 hours so if this going to be the real deal i need to pace myself and not panic and rush to the hospital i might be here for a while lol

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 15:30:31

Isaac is a great name. I'm off now, but will be logging in later to see how you are getting on!

Strawberrysmum Fri 01-Jul-11 15:36:21

Good luck Babyonboard.... at only 7 weeks pregnant, I'm not even thinking about what you're going through right now- just knowing it hurts is enough [hmmm]

BaldricksTurnip Fri 01-Jul-11 15:41:19

True you need to see if it is the real deal before getting excited but second time around can be very different- and much faster! Good luck, hope everything goes well x

eastendmummy Fri 01-Jul-11 15:53:53

good luck babyonboard. My ds2 is Isaac and it is a wonderful name - my Isaac is a beautiful, independent and charming boy - I'm sure yours' will be too. Good luck, it will be over soon.

Crosshair Fri 01-Jul-11 15:55:31

Goodluck!

laylasmummy09 Fri 01-Jul-11 16:49:31

ooh good luck i hope it is a nice calm labour for you smile

buttonmoon78 Fri 01-Jul-11 17:07:08

Good luck! I hope it settles into a more regular rhythm for you soon.

I'll be watching!

LauLauLemon Fri 01-Jul-11 17:17:37

I waited for mine to get past the "ow" phase and gave birth on my living room floor! Don't wait too long and your instinct is best right now. If something is off, go.in.

Congratulations, you'll do brilliantly!

candr Fri 01-Jul-11 17:29:04

Oooh you are scaring me! Have you got a hot water bottle in the absence of your DH? Have not been in labor before so not much help but am sending you posotive chilled vibes. best of luck and look forward to hearing how scrummy Isaac is when you meet him.

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 19:03:26

Babyonbord, no more posts from you so I assume you're currently huffing and puffing your way up and down a hospital corridor, or fighting your dh for the Entonox grin

Best of luck for tonight; I hope your beautiful boy is in your arms before breakfast.

prolificwillybreeder Fri 01-Jul-11 19:21:20

Oh poor you! I am still in the slow labour coming up for 3 weeks. Hope you're ok and you're safe and sound at the hospital now, perhaps a baby!
So much luck, I have also forgotten how painful labour is but frankly I'm so fed up now, I say bring it on! <please note I will not be saying this when I do eventually go into labour!>

babyonbord Fri 01-Jul-11 20:18:36

no such luck it all stopped after about 4 hours although i did make the hospital trip and i'm not about 3cms dilated so getting somewhere the midwife seemed hopeful this weekend, and the doctor has told me not to take my fragmin so thats good news fingers crossed i will have a baby before the weekend is over xxx

hester Fri 01-Jul-11 21:12:53

Oh no, you're not supposed to be back here!

Still, it does sound as though you're really close now. I'm going away for the weekend but really want to hear how you get on. Will you keep posting, when you can?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now