Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone fancy a healthy pregnancy thread full of good intentions?

(3 Posts)
allhailtheaubergine Fri 01-Jul-11 11:57:56

I have two sincere intentions:

1. To eat healthily, not give in to carb craving, and not become the size of a hotel by the end.

2. To do my pelvic floor exercises. (This one is serious. I'm on very dodgy ground already and this pregnancy might well tip me into Tenna territory if I don't buck up and squeeeeeze 5 times a day).

Oh, and less of a Sincere Intention, but I have also promised myself not to spend my third trimester wearing dh's t-shirts and looking like hell.

I am only 5 weeks pregnant. 3rd pregnancy. Feeling nauseous but energetic. Still exercising a lot. Thinking about food non-stop!

allhailtheaubergine Fri 01-Jul-11 15:45:46

Just me then? grin

Well today I have eaten
Cereal (fine)
Toast (bad)
Avocado (good)
Cold curry (not much though)
Raw asparagus (good)
Crisps (bad bad bad bad)
Spinach (good but it made me feel ill so not much)
Mango (good)

And drunk litres of fizzy water and only one can of pop.

And done NO pelvic floor exercises.

MsChanandlerBong Fri 01-Jul-11 15:51:01

I had very similar intentions but at 29+1 quite a few of them have fallen by the wayside!!

I was planning on exercising regularly. Once a month probably doesn't qualify as regularly unfortunately! (I blame pregnancy tiredness and PGP, but I suspect I am just lazy!)

My food intake is, umm, well intentioned but rather heavy on the sugar <moves packet of chocolate raisins out of sight> but I am doing quite well on my 5-a-day (today = fruity alpen, tomatoes, pineapple juice so far!)

And this thread has just prompted me to do todays pelvic floor exercises!!! TMI?! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now