Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Photography

(12 Posts)
SPTPhotography Thu 30-Jun-11 17:02:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Awomancalledhorse Thu 30-Jun-11 17:04:15

I personally can't stand the sight of myself pregnant so I wouldn't get one done. Am going to keep some home snaps so LO can see what they looked like 'inside mummys tummy'.

SPTPhotography Thu 30-Jun-11 17:22:59

I know what you mean as I don't think I would either. I've been pregnant twice and not done it. Though if you're looking and feeling good then the images do look great as it's such a lovely shape. Most of the women I take bump photos of are very body confident which of course helps!

lolajane2009 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:52:03

i wouldnt do it as i hate my body all the time as I have a history of eating disorders but I think other people's photos i've seen are beautiful.

CusheyButterfield Thu 30-Jun-11 17:53:04

I will do hopefully, as I have a photographer friend who's happy to help me out.
SPT, oddly I'm really not body confident as a rule, but I just love my growing bump and don't mind being a bit of a chunky monkey at the moment.

Cattleprod Thu 30-Jun-11 17:57:08

I wouldn't do the Demi Moore naked thing, but I have some lovely photos DP took of me in the garden when I was heavily pregnant with DS. I was wearing a long skirt and one of those short cardigans that ties at the front, so my bump is exposed. I would never have gone out dressed like that, but it works really well for the pictures.

rooks14 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:58:23

I would love too, but i'm far too self concious. All my pregnancy clothes are smock type things which make me look hugeee because of my pregnancy boobs. i think i have a nice shape in underwear, but i'm covered in stretch marks so never would!

rooks14 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:58:43

was thinking about doing a belly cast tho, but don't know where id' put it!

BellasYummyMummy Thu 30-Jun-11 18:32:08

i think having photos of your bump is so special, you will never look that way again! It can be done really tastefully, and doesnt have to be nude! I just started my own photography business last september, if you want any ideas I have a few on my website!
www.lauraophotography.com
gallery
beautiful bumps
Not the most brilliant photos as Im still new to photography but different angles work great.

SPTPhotography Thu 30-Jun-11 21:40:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

yummymango Thu 30-Jun-11 21:57:10

I would love to get some nice photos done. I would like to have them as memories of such a special time. I think its beautiful if the photos are tasteful.

candr Fri 01-Jul-11 17:40:09

I have pics of my belly every few weeks to see the changes and to put in baby book, I find it strange looking at them as it is hard to see how much I have changed until I see them. I was adopted so have no pics of my mum being pregnant or baby pics (first one is me aged 4) so may be going a bit overboard but don't care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now