Talk

Advanced search

Back to back, breech and massive... help!

(3 Posts)
PrincessJenga Thu 30-Jun-11 15:33:40

I've posted this in 'Childbirth' too, but hoped you lovely ladies would also be able to offer advice...

I've just had my 36 week midwife appointment. She thinks baby is back to back (definitely), breech (probably) and huge. She's booked a scan for next week to check all of these things and I'll have a meeting with a consultant straight afterwards. What should I be doing this week to try to turn the baby? What should I be asking at the appointment? Anyone any experience of one or all of these that they can help me with? Thank you!

Fifis25StottieCakes Thu 30-Jun-11 15:39:59

Ive had 2 back to back dd's who wouldnt turn. The labour is more painful as the baby pushes into your back. I was in laboour for ages then went from cervix not being open to giving birth. It seems like you are pushing and not getting anywhere. DD1 BB about 12hrs, DD2 normal position 4hrs, DD3 BB 12hrs.

Not sure about what would happen if the baby is also breech and large. Mine were averege 7lbish babies.

natwebb79 Thu 30-Jun-11 15:45:19

My pregnancy yoga lady says you should literally clean the kitchen floor on your hands and knees to turn your baby from back to back. That and make sure you lie on your left hand side. Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now