Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stupid Mistake of the day....

(13 Posts)
Flowerydems Thu 30-Jun-11 13:57:18

To top all my worries about my 20week scan tomorrow off I took a spoon out of the dishwasher at work thinking it was clean, used it to eat my yoghurt (which obviously involved licking) and one of the girls pointed out they weren't the clean ones..... This had put me into a panic of all the potential diseases I've put into my system. Stupid spoon looked clean though sad

Genuinely cried (and keep crying at my desk a bit) such a silly mistake sad

Trinaluce Thu 30-Jun-11 14:02:49

Midwife from last pregnancy said 'you do yourself (and bump) more harm worrying about things than by actually doing them' - so stop worrying smile

(Or do what I do and spend the whole pregnancy worrying that you're worrying too much wink)

Renaissance227 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:26:31

You cried over a dirty spoon?!!!
Have you ever become ill from using a dirty spoon before?
I am SURE there is nothing AT ALL to worry about. Your body is good at fighting off most stuff and it's very rare that anything gets transfered to your baby. Mostly the worst that can happen is it makes you quite sick/poorly.
Chin up, stop worrying (and crying!!!!!), and look forward to seeing your beautiful baby at your next scan! smile

Crosshair Thu 30-Jun-11 14:30:34

Dont see what harm can come from a pre used spoon.

smile

Imnotaslimjim Thu 30-Jun-11 14:41:48

It won't have done you (or bump) any harm at all, don't worry. You'll both be fine

LB1982 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:43:35

The spoon was most likely used in someone's hot cuppa and only used to stir it so I shouldn't worry. The boiling water would have killed anything smile

I worry all the time too but it's getting easier as time goes on. Currently 16+4 smile

Flowerydems Thu 30-Jun-11 15:15:53

I know being really silly and to be honest I'll cry at absolutely anything at the moment.

Poor DH has this all to put up with, he's coping well though ;)

Think I was just a bit frustrated at being silly and then I accidentally looked on google.

Thanks for all your input.

PamBeesly Thu 30-Jun-11 15:38:36

Ahh don't worry...unless you work with lepers grin It was probably just used to stir tea! Good luck with your scan

magicmelons Thu 30-Jun-11 15:48:31

Goodness what must your colleagues be like if your this worried confused. Germs are good for the immune system, my children/babies have eaten far worse, i once caught dd licking the wheels of her pram and she has lived to tell the tale.

I had really bad food poisoning from chicken in my first pregnancy and that's all it was, really bad food poisoning, dd also fine from that experience.

My point is, babies are tough, you need to relax, you'll do yourself more harm with all this worrying.

Catsycat Thu 30-Jun-11 16:55:53

My DD1 put cat diahhorea (sp?) in her mouth when about 9 months old (don't ask!!!!!!). She wasn't even sick. I did get the cat screened for various things at the vet though. I'm sure the spoon event will be fine - like people have said it was probably used in hot tea. Like magicmelons says, babies are tough.

ninipops Thu 30-Jun-11 21:01:49

I have to watch DD (17 mths) like a hawk when in the garden/park as she has a fondness for snails - freshly peeled! Makes me heave but she's never had a problem!

Beccabop Fri 08-Jul-11 23:21:33

...to add to all previous replies, DO NOT GOOGLE YOUR WORRIES! I did once and ended up reading a terribly frightening story and stressing like hell when all that was happening was the baby was pressing against my stomach muscles a bit blush

Yeah babies are more robust than we think.

lovesicecream Sat 09-Jul-11 01:37:06

When I was a baby my mum left me to close to my pooy nappy while she went to get a clean one, you can imagen what happened there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now