Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are their any signs that baby may come early?

(13 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Thu 30-Jun-11 09:59:11

I’m 31+1 and I’ve had a pretty good pregnancy with no major issues up to now (touch wood) but last night I started feeling really sick, dizzy and had mini period like pains.

This morning I felt fine and back to my usual self.

I’m not very tall and have a short body and everyone keeps telling me I’m going to be early because of this.

I know baby will come when baby is ready, that most first babies are late – but I hope to be prepped by week 35 and then relax for the next 5-ish weeks.

Is it true that petite women have their babies early or is it just others opinions?

x

fatbottomgirl Thu 30-Jun-11 10:13:52

Hi, am very small 5ft2 (at push grin) and on my 4th DC mine have all been 5 days late so i think its just luck of the draw actually. Sorry wink

KaraJS Thu 30-Jun-11 10:21:57

Don't think so, if the pains start again a would phone the mw to be checked out as my last two labours started with period pains, my last baby was born at 32 weeks and came out of hospital 10 days later healthy

happytree Thu 30-Jun-11 10:25:45

Hi
I'm 4 ft 10 and my DS was 16 days late! I would call your mw though regarding pains. At least they can check it out for you.

Newmummytobe79 Thu 30-Jun-11 10:27:25

Hi Fatbottomgirl smile if baby is anything like it's mum and dad it'll be late!

KaraJS - thanks for the advice. Glad you lo arrived safe and sound smile

x

Newmummytobe79 Thu 30-Jun-11 10:28:32

Hello happytree! 16 days! You must have the patience of a saint!

nunnie Thu 30-Jun-11 10:35:41

I had my 1st 6 days early and my 2nd decided to come 4 weeks early without prior notice.
If they return I would contact your midwife.

happytree Thu 30-Jun-11 10:37:44

I was a very grumpy mummy be be newmummy

nunnie Thu 30-Jun-11 10:37:59

Oh and should say I am 5ft 8 so I don't think mothers height is an indication of birth timescale but I may well be wrong.

happytree Thu 30-Jun-11 10:38:05

to be

babyonbord Thu 30-Jun-11 11:02:35

i'm 5ft 9 and my first went into labour with my first at 36 weeks (he was born 36weeks and 6 days) so i don't height makes a difference, i didn't have any signs he was going to be early other than a show and 2 days later i had my baby, it's not something you can predict, i'm 38 weeks and 3 days with my second now, had a show last tuesday and still no baby, i think its the luck of the draw lol

emolly Thu 30-Jun-11 13:44:47

Hi

I am 4"11 and size 6/8 pre pregnancy and currently 9 days overdue! I was convinced I would go early for some reason but here I am.... going in to hopsital tomorrow to be induced. I was the same I had everyone telling me I would go early. Had really easy pregnancy with no symptoms/problems so been really lucky. Head still not engaged though, at the moment they don't know if baby just going to be one of those babies that doesn't move down until labour or if pelvis too small. Will soon find out I guess!! I have been assured that our bodies don't make babies that are physically too big for us to deliver!! I certainly hope this is correct as I only have tiny baby sleepsuits in my hospital bag smile

Anyway what I am trying to say is I don't think being small means you will go into labour any earlier than normal. If you are feeling back to normal and no other sickness/pain then try and relax. Good luck!

mumnosbest Fri 01-Jul-11 20:33:29

My last baby came a month early, signs were that my bump seemed smaller and lower and I felt less movement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now