Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Conflicting results

(11 Posts)
CharlieMc Thu 30-Jun-11 09:56:26

Hi my period is 4 days late and i feel queazy. I did two pregnancy tests which show faint, but positive non the less, results. I did two further tests (a diiferent brand) and the results were negative! whats going on!

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Thu 30-Jun-11 09:57:23

Ime a positive is a positive so congrats!

schobe Thu 30-Jun-11 09:57:34

Some tests are more sensitive than others.

Do you have the packaging so you can check?

Did you do them all on the same day?

CharlieMc Thu 30-Jun-11 10:22:12

I did the first two on monday (positive) the then two on tuesday which were negative!

KaraJS Thu 30-Jun-11 10:27:38

I'd buy one of those that you can use before your period is due, you can have false negative results but not false positiive my doc said

CharlieMc Thu 30-Jun-11 10:36:06

my partner is a gp karajs and thats what he said, but it was his tests that were negative!

nunnie Thu 30-Jun-11 10:40:02

Did you read all the tests in the timeframe (was there colour on the positive line or was it grey)?

Maybe leave it a few more days and try again.

What did your partner suggest?

Renaissance227 Thu 30-Jun-11 10:43:29

Definitely try one of those tests you can take before your period.
Sounds to me like a positive.
Good luck! smile

schobe Thu 30-Jun-11 10:46:39

GP's tests are often less sensitive than the ones you can buy.

So that might (hopefully) be the reason. Try again tomorrow.

KaraJS Thu 30-Jun-11 10:55:02

Yeah they can be negative it just means there not good enough to pick up on the hormones, I've had positive then negative ones in a couple of days of each other and I have been pregnant

Tangle Thu 30-Jun-11 11:41:18

Have a look here for more details than you'd ever wish to know about HPT's and scenario's that are often termed "false positives".

Did you do them all first thing in the morning? HCG tends to be more concentrated then so you're more likely to get a stronger +ve.

However, if your period's late and you've had a +ve test (however faint) then it sounds very much as though you're pregnant. Hope its good news for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now