Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oblique baby and small bump!

(3 Posts)
Tillylove Wed 29-Jun-11 22:48:45

I am 35 weeks pregnant and saw my midwife today who said my bump was only measuring 30 weeks. She said I am small due to the position of the baby being oblique (diagonal) and has given me two weeks for the baby to move before being referred to hospital.
I am slightly concerned as my midwife is off on long term sick leave so I didn't know the midwife today and I didn't feel reassured by her. In reflection I have started to become nervous that I am small for dates by 5 weeks! (although I was reassured by hearing a strong heartbeat). Has anyone else had any experience with measuring small due to the position of baby. Do you think I should be worried?
Thank you Tilly x

thisisyesterday Wed 29-Jun-11 22:54:47

yep. i measured small for dates with my third baby because he was lying transverse.

i had to go for a scan, which was pointless becuase tbh we all knew he was going to be a big fatty. but protocol and all that

was fine, he turned round and got in position and was born at 9lb 11oz grin (a week over)

Tillylove Wed 29-Jun-11 22:57:54

Ahhh thank you - nice reassuring story! 9lb 11oz though - ouch!!!! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now