Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd pregnancy when will bump come?

(9 Posts)
foxylady1 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:07:06

I've just found out i'm pg with #2 grin. I think i'm about 5 weeks.

I'm wondering when ppl started to show second time round? I've heard it comes alot quicker.

My jeans already feel tight i'm tall and skinny and i think i can already see a little bump forming. Is it my imagination or has anyone else felt they are showing at just 5 weeks??

AchtungBaby Wed 29-Jun-11 21:20:43

Congratulations smile!

I just popped in to see what the answer was, I'm afraid I have no idea personally!

daimbardiva Wed 29-Jun-11 21:27:21

I felt I was showing by 6 weeks, and by 10 weeks people had started noticing! Thankfully, the growth slowed down and I'm now 27 weeks and no bigger than I was at same stage first time round

curleywurley2 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:28:25

Hey foxeylady, im currently 18 weeks with my second and im normally a size 8/10 but i found my clothes getting a little tight around 10weeks and the all of a sudden ive just gonne huge!!!
I only started to show with my daughter at around 6months,so this is a total shock!!
Just a little tip huni i found that using palmers coco butter to moisturise my bump helped with geting no stretch marks,so now im using it again morning and night, just to cut the chances of getting any due to the skin stretching to quickly second time around!!
Good luck huni xx

maxpower Wed 29-Jun-11 21:30:40

I didn't show with DC1 until 5/6 months - thought DC2 would be quicker but still didn't show until 5 months, although my clothes were uncomfortable from earlier on!

foxylady1 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:33:11

Glad to know it's not just in my head even though not many ppl know i'm already feeling very proud of my little bump. Curley i was the same with my first my bump was barely noticeable till about 6 months! Thanks for the tip will get some coco butter smile.

Good luck all with your pregnancies

Brasso4 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:45:59

I am just over 9 weeks and my clothes feel very tight. Might have to go into maternity clothes next week shock

BikeRunSki Wed 29-Jun-11 21:58:23

With pg2 (now 23 weeks) I was in mat clothes at 9 weeks, and people started noticing at about 18 weeks. I always loose a lot of weight in first trimester though which seems to counteract bump for a while.

goodnightmoon Wed 29-Jun-11 21:59:38

i feel like i'm now getting the start of a proper bump and i'm around 15 weeks. last time there was no real bump until more like 24 weeks so i think it's definitely happening earlier. i doubt anyone would guess i'm pregnant though, and i still fit in most of my normal clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now