We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy - 2nd time around better or worse?

(11 Posts)
SantaLucia Wed 29-Jun-11 19:32:19

I'm 5 weeks and already feeling shit, with groin type pains occasionally. Plus I have a sore lymph node swelling a bit under my jaw. Don't remember it being this way last time. What have others experienced?

SoBroken Wed 29-Jun-11 19:54:37

Mine was worse at the beginning, in hospital with hyperemesis, but has been easier than my first one after that!

Some things, like achy hips, started earlier though, and I am definitely more tired because I have a 2yr old to look after as well.

yummytummy Wed 29-Jun-11 19:59:43

my 2nd was a million times better than first! first time had severe sickness till the end and bad spd which had me on crutches at the end. 2nd time nothing! no sickness and no spd which i still cant quite believe! in fact 2nd time was so great am considering a 3rd which could never have dreamed of after the first!

daimbardiva Wed 29-Jun-11 21:31:24

Mine has been a bit worse - felt sicker earlier on and more aches and pains, but OK now (27 weeks). I think it's just that I have no time to think about it this time round though!

chinateacup Wed 29-Jun-11 22:44:33

Better I think but probably only because there's less time to think about it. Although body definitely like a worn old sock!!

Bumpsadaisie Thu 30-Jun-11 09:44:19

Mine has been better this time round. Only three weeks off work in the first trimester with hyperemesis rather than 7 weeks. Once in 2nd trimester, have felt nearly "blooming" this time. Last time never felt better than "not bad".

I personally have found it easier to manage being pregnant and having a toddler and working three days than it was last time working 5 days but no toddler.

Bumpsadaisie Thu 30-Jun-11 09:45:09

Agree with chinateacup - theres less time to obsess about it so time goes quicker. Last time it was such a long 9 months!

mumnosbest Fri 01-Jul-11 20:38:27

1st ok, 2nd worse, 3rd...pass that bucket!

babyonbord Fri 01-Jul-11 20:42:44

yeah this time round has been a lot worse, i'm a bit bigger this time, baby is later coming (ihad had my first by now grrr) im in a lot more pain its just not as much fun this time round

lookout Fri 01-Jul-11 20:43:42

1st trimester was definitely worse 2nd time round, but feeling generally better now (23 weeks) than I did during first pregnancy. However all the aches and pains have started much earlier this time around.

NorthLondonDoulas Fri 01-Jul-11 20:54:03

This is pregnancy number 5 and is definitly the best early pregnancy out of all of them. The first two i was so sick, tired and emotional throughout, but I got more uncomfortable quicker in pregnancies 3 and 4. This time round im getting leg cramps already which is something i nearly always experience towards the end not the beginning. But everyone and every pregnancy is different!

I definitly recommend vitamin b6 tablets for sickness - i discovered them in my third pregnancy and they work wonders in reducing nausea and feeling crappy.

Good luck, i hope you feel better soon.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now