Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleed, scared of mis carriage help

(16 Posts)
Ginga66 Wed 29-Jun-11 18:45:27

I do not know how many weeks I am. I had a period maybe two months or so ago. Then two days of bleeding two weeks apart then found out I was pregnant but very faint line. Then Friday two weeks ago had sex and bright red blood. I spent night in a and e. Dr thought my cervix open and mis carrying but gynae said closed and not. Had a scan but too small to see that was one and a half weeks ago. Then yesterday started bleeding like a period. Some red, some brown, enough to warrant pads. Went for scan today and although gestation sac bigger no yolk, still too early to see. But they did see a bled in my womb. They did not know why or what and have said come back again in one week for another scan. Initially at first scan said carry in as usual. This time said refrain from stress and sex. Have been crying yesterday thinking mis carriage then today been told may be but may be not. Should I take to my bed? Am I mis carrying? Am I ok? I was not sure about this pregnancy at first but now I desperately want this baby, pls help.X

Squiglettsmummy2bx Wed 29-Jun-11 18:55:00

No advice really other than try to relax, easier said than done I know. I hope everything goes ok. Sending you a hug x

PrincessScrumpy Wed 29-Jun-11 19:28:54

scans are so inconclusive in the early stages and bleeding can be normal - as I discovered with this pg. Never had it with dd1 but this time I've had 3 bleeds so far - am now 28w with ID twins but at 6 weeks I was told I was about to mc or it was ectopic and to go back in a week to see which it was. A week later we had 2 babies with strong hb.

Try to stay calm until you know the actual outcome - I know this is easy to say, I was very emotional and still am. I've been terrified this whole pg and that's with fortnightly scans!

Big hug xx

moregranny Thu 30-Jun-11 00:06:18

My daughter had a big bleed at 7 weeks which then carried on until 12 weeks, a pocket of blood was seen on the scan......................today I have had a great big cuddle with my 1 week old grandaughter,never stop believing, x

lolajane2009 Thu 30-Jun-11 06:49:33

i had a bleed at 7 and 9 weeks and found the first particlaly traumatic and cried all night. didnt have a scan but was convinced I had miscarried. I even apologised at my 12 week scan for wasting the sonographers time. I am still pregnant at almost 29 weeks and everything is fine, although my placenta is a little lower than normal, which could be the reason.

Ginga66 Thu 30-Jun-11 09:38:30

Hey everyone. My bleeding has now become just like a period and have cramps. Just feel so helpless as nothing I can do but wait I suppose. Wish had seen a dr yesterday or had more info. My mom says they should have given me hormones?

KaraJS Thu 30-Jun-11 10:08:51

I've had two mcs and bleeding during pregnancy with my first and second son and have never been given hormones, they did take blood tests every two days for a week to see if my hormones were increasing

Ginga66 Thu 30-Jun-11 11:28:24

Karajs...were your bleeds as heavy as period? How do I tell if it's miscarriage?

Crosshair Thu 30-Jun-11 11:46:39

My mc at 5 weeks was lighter than my normal period with the usual cramping. I had a blood test to confirm.

I dont think you can be 100% without blood tests or a scan.

KaraJS Fri 01-Jul-11 22:00:26

My bleeds with the children were alot heavier than a period, sorry for the detail but they soaked through my clothes before I could even get to the toilet

KaraJS Fri 01-Jul-11 22:03:48

My two mcs were alot lighter, I don't think you can always tell, at 18 weeks with my second son I lost a clot that was so big I was sure he wouldn't survive but he did

Ginga66 Tue 05-Jul-11 00:15:10

I miscarried on the weekend. It was a horrible experience. I am so so sad.

Anomaly Tue 05-Jul-11 22:30:56

Sorry to hear that, take care of yourself

apples82 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:36:58

So sorry to hear your news Ginga66. Get lots of rest in now and have some down time.

Renaissance227 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:43:57

So, so sad for you Ginga66. Sending big hugs to you. xx

Ginga66 Fri 08-Jul-11 00:03:33

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now