Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling the baby move

(13 Posts)
MrsBee19 Wed 29-Jun-11 14:38:34

Hi, I'm 20 weeks with my first baby. I think I've felt the baby squirm but not sure it might be my imagination. Can anyone tell me where I should feel it? It seems to be really low down (about where the top of your pants would sit)
Thanks

Bartimaeus Wed 29-Jun-11 14:51:41

I'm 26 weeks and feel the baby pretty much everywhere! Often very low (feels like someone very small is trampling on my insides) but sometimes up high near my ribs or right over on one side. 'Tis very strange!

I first felt little movements around 21 weeks. By 23 weeks I was feeling proper kicks and now, depending on the day i can feel either little movements or great bigs kicks and wriggles!!!

iWILLdothis Wed 29-Jun-11 15:10:13

yes, first movements I felt were down low like you describe. Enjoy them...it's the best feeling ever, isn't it? smile

MsChanandlerBong Wed 29-Jun-11 15:11:34

Hi. I started feeling movement at about 20 weeks and it was really low down like you're describing. For me, it was mostly when I was lying quietly in bed at night. Exciting, isn't it?!

MrsBee19 Wed 29-Jun-11 15:23:06

Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure if it was real or if I was imagining it!!!
It's very strange but also quite comforting. I'm looking forward to a kick!

Scheherezadea Wed 29-Jun-11 15:53:42

I felt the first kicks at 15 weeks! DP could feel them too. It was just a sudden jerking movement in one part of my belly. Now I'm 25 weeks we've gone through teh somersaulting and turning over - can now see my whole belly wobble when baby shifts smile

pixiekid Wed 29-Jun-11 20:43:53

Yep, mine are all low down. Am 21 weeks and can now see movements as well as feel them, so very exciting!

ToriaPumpkin Wed 29-Jun-11 20:58:07

I have two main areas where I get kicked, right down low, between my pubic bone and cervix, and up high behind my belly button! Do get movements in other places but these are the two I notice most often. Most strange but I love it grin

FirstTimeMummyToBe Wed 29-Jun-11 21:43:26

I am 19 weeks and feel slight movements like butterflies sometimes but think that i also feels kicks every now and again ... not sure whether this is wishful thinking or not though.

I have people tell me all different times think it happens usually within 18-23 weeks ... but everybodys different so i may be longer than this.

Scheherezadea Thu 30-Jun-11 11:19:52

I could feel early on - midwife says it is because am quite slim, little fat covering (not for long!). Also helps that have a posterior placenta, so baby is pushed forwards.

LauraSmurf Thu 30-Jun-11 11:41:32

I am 18 weeks tomorrow, no feelings yet. First baby.

Should i be worried?

babyonbord Thu 30-Jun-11 11:57:59

i always think it feels like bubbles popping in your tummy when they first start, now it just hurts lol

MrsBee19 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:26:31

LauraSmurf, I'm only just 20 weeks and I'm still at the "not sure if my squirm is actually the baby or my lunch stage" I'm thinking it might be the baby but I wouldn't worry. You've probably got a couple of weeks to go before you feel the squirming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now