Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks to go - what are you doing with your time?

(4 Posts)
snowchick1977 Wed 29-Jun-11 12:39:58

I have around 5 weeks to go to the big day, just wondering if all ladies due around this time have got everything ready and what are you doing/planning to fill the days at home before the birth.

How are you all feeling?

Armi Wed 29-Jun-11 12:50:12

I thought I'd do loads but I find I don't want to go whizzing off on shopping trips and days out, I want to stay near home. I'm tired and my days are easily filled just by getting up, walking the dog and doing a few bits and bobs round the house. I'm doing lots of reading and my mother keeps turning up to take me out for lunch, which is lovely as DH is out at work from 6am to 8pm.

It's great to have the excuse to do nothing!

NewMummy5July2011 Wed 29-Jun-11 13:29:18

I did loads of social things for the first few weeks - shopping, meeting friends for lunch, just really trying to get out once a day. But now that my due date is only 6 days away, I find just chilling out at home, doing a few bits around the house, having a nap each afternoon, and watching DVD's really do fill the day!

It's lovely to have relax time to yourself to just do nothing - especially since that will soon change for the next 18 years or so!!

lizandlulu Wed 29-Jun-11 14:23:51

i have got 5 week to go and am like armi, i thought i would be able to go here there and everywhere, shopping and days out, but i am getting such backache when i walk any distance that i just find i cantsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now